So I haven't done an update on Savanna's "stats" in awhile for her doctor's appointments so I thought it would be fun. We took Savanna to her 15 month appointment yesterday (even though she is almost 16 months-her year appointment was a little later because of the holidays). She is healthy and growing very well!
Weight: 28 lbs 14 ounces (98.56%)
Height: 34.5 inches (99.98%)
Head circumference 19 inches (96.61%)
So Savanna continues to be our BIG, little girl! We can't believe how tall she is! There must be some tall genes that run on one of my birth parent's sides! (who knows?)
Savanna has also taken off with her speech this month. She is one chatterbox! Her favorite things to say lately include: ma ma, daddy, my daddy, what's that, over there, right there, hello (though it is actually hilo-so funny), sticky (she has a sticky hand TC won for her at the game center and she loves it), oops, uh oh, apple, April (TC's sister), ball, blocks, doggie, up, and she has said even more! It is so funny she also tried to say giraffe and pajamas but can't say the beginning of it so she makes this funny sound with her tongue and says the last part. So funny! Savanna can also point out her hair, eyes, ears, mouth, tongue, toes, fingers, belly, nose, etc. She also seems to know a lot of animals. She can distinguish between her zebras, giraffes, lions, and elephants in her Little People Noah's ark. She even knows which one is Noah. This month Savanna has also been introduce to time out. She was "put" in time out yesterday for the first time after trying to throw her sippy cup in her friend, Elle's, face. Then when I was trying to explain to her not to throw she threw her puzzle piece in my face. This is really the big way Savanna acts out-by throwing things. We have had a problem with her throwing her food lately and it is kind of frustrating. Her time out consists of me sitting with her in a corner in my lap and not letting her get up for 1 minute (because she is 1 year old). Then I will tell her I love her and explain why what she did was "not nice". We also try to encourage her to clean up her food when she throws it as an alternative to time out. I hope I am doing a good job with disciplining. Any ideas from you mommies out there? I want to discipline with love but also firmness.
Even with her occasional acting outs, we think Savanna's the sweetest, cutest little girl ever! We love her so much and she lights up our lives!
5 comments:
Thats what we do with Brett. I just think he is at an age where he gets frustrated and doesn't know how to express it. We do the best we can as parents, no one is perfect!! Keep up the good work!
what a cutie. she is so big...jace is following her footsteps as far as that goes!!! :)
Keep it up!!! You are such a great parent and an example to me! Savanna is such a cute gal! We love her a lot!
Savannah sounds so adorable! I wish I could see her. As far as disciplining goes, does anybody really know? I don't know, but we all try. I taught Lucy to say sorry after she hits someone and she loves the word so much she hits people just so she can say it. It's two steps forward, one step back all the time. I kind of wish I never taught her that word! I am sure you are doing a great job, and Savannah will turn out wonderful because she is so loved.
She is getting so grown up. I can't believe how tall she is. Sounds like you are handling the discipline great. (That is what Super Nanny does-except she has them sit on the naughty chair or step) I love how her hair is finally growing.
Love you guys!
Post a Comment