ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
OK, I don't usually use my blog to vent but I am TICKED! Why? Because I have been informed by several different people including my doctor that it is recommended that I get a swine flu shot because I am at a higher risk of complications because I am pregnant. PROBLEM: THEY ARE NOT VERY EASY TO GET!!! Ok, so let me start at the beginning. Tuesday after getting settled back after our trip, I started researching to find out how I can get a swine flu shot. After calling several different people and hearing, "I don't know if we have it in Salt Lake County for pregnant women. I don't know-uggh SO annoying." Anyway, I finally learn that this past week they were doing swine flu shots in Salt Lake County for children 6 months-2 years or caretakers of children under 6 months but that was it. Okay, I do more research. I learn that Utah county has some for pregnant women but a limited supply. Hit the jackpot right? WRONG! So I throw Savanna into the car during her nap time head down to Provo and walk in and they were just giving away the last shots when I got there. Uggh, frustrating right? They had them before I drove down to Provo. Just wait! So I bring Savanna to a clinic in Salt Lake County and she gets one without a problem. Of course, she had to have her in two doeses because she is under two and I have to come back in 28 days to get her another dose. Anyway, the girl that gave Savanna her shot talked to her manager and she told me that on Saturday they are having a public clinic for those at highest risk for the swine flu and if I am pregnant then I can get one. Great I think! That is only a couple days away. And I'm thinking that I am one of the only people that knows about it. WRONG! So anyway, this morning I hurry to get Savanna and I breakfast and get over there (TC works on Saturdays now so I took her with me). I get there and the line is insane! Outside around buildings. Insane!! But I get in line anyway because I'm thinking, "It'll be worth it if I can get the shot!" So I am standing in line for about 30 minutes and a policeman comes and tells us that it is only about a 50/50 chance that we can get the vaccine today. Then a woman comes and does a count and tells me where I am at that I should be able to get it. Then over an HOUR later of waiting in line the policeman comes out and sends home about 20 people in front of me and everyone else behind me saying "THEY ARE ALL OUT OF SHOTS!" I was so annoyed to say the least. I just missed it-AGAIN! We got there about 9:30 and it started at 7 and I thought maybe that would have helped to get there earlier but I talked to some people in my ward today and they said they were there that earlier and they got sent home because there were 1,000s of people there. 1,000s! I just can't believe it. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY APPALLING! WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET A SHOT? I JUST READ ON MY E-MAIL THAT PRESIDENT OBAMA IS DECLARING SWINE FLU A NATIONAL EMERGENCY. SO WHERE ARE ALL THE SHOTS??!?!?!?! GET THEM TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY THOSE OF US THAT ARE HIGH RISK!!!! Anyway, I am sorry. I am not an angry person but this has got to me one of the most frustrated I have been in awhile. And to top it off I was late for my Super Saturday for Relief Society and didn't finish all my crafts. What a day! Supposedly there may be shots available in Provo next week. We'll see. I'll keep you updated when I finally get one. For those of you trying to find yourself one? Good luck. And in the meantime I'll just wash my hands and pray I don't get it.


4 comments:
Wow, that's pretty frustrating. By the way, the Obama swine flu emergency is just a preemptive thing, mainly to increase vaccine production.
good golly...talk about frustration! I hope you are able to get one!
That is super frustrating!! If it is any comfort. We know several women who got the swine flu while they were pregnant, and both baby and mother turned out fine. there were no complications. Just wash you hands a lot. Keep lots of sanitizer on hand......You'll be fine. We are praying for you and baby!!
Oh dear, that is frustrating. Especially with a two year old in tow. Knowing how laid back Savanna is, that probably made it endurable! Hope to see you soon!!
Post a Comment