Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Clark update-2 years 8 months

Oh our little man! How adorable he is!! So Clark's tantrurms have subsided tremendously. What I thought were the terrible twos I think were him adjusting to the move. His behavior was significantly worse the couple weeks before we moved and the first two weeks after we moved. I am relieved to have my Clark back! Don't get me wrong he still has his moments but nothing like before. He is not throwing huge fits like he was before and I am not feeling like I just can't take any more of him by the end of the day! Of course I'm worried he may have some more behavior issues when the baby comes...I'm afraid he's going to have a rough time adjusting. He is a mama's boy and will probably be jealous.
Clark is growing up so fast! His ability to communicate always amazes TC and I. He talks very well and expresses his feelings quite well. Clark can recognize all his numbers, colors, and some of his letters. He can count to about 15. His favorite things right now include cars, cars, cars. He especially likes all the Disney cars. He also has been really into playing games lately and is quite good at them, His favorite are Cars Memory, Dominoes, and Candy Land. Clark enjoys his gym class and is a good way to get his energy out. Clark appears to be starting to fade out his naps much to my dismay since Savanna napped until just a few months ago. I will put him in his room though for an hour every day for quiet or nap time. Sometimes he sleeps and sometimes he doesn't. When he does sleep though I will wake him up after an hour and a half or he will stay up too late at night. However lately when he doesn't nap he hasn't been passing out at 5 or 6 or acting really grumpy like he was a month ago. So maybe he is ready to be done with naps. We'll see. It's a bit of an adjustment for me because I had 2 or 3 hours in the day when my kids would nap for so long where I was able to get a lot done and now I only have about one where I tell my kids to play quietly...and it's not quite the same as when they are sleeping. Guess that just means they'll have to help with more chores while they are awake!
Also we started potty training Clark a few days ago and it is going very well! We have him in training pants whenever we are home and he has not had one accident! The only thing is he doesn't want to go poop on the potty so he'll wait until I put a diaper on him for napping or when he has one on when we are out. (Savanna was the same way. Pee was easier to train than poop!) So it's obvious he has the control. I think I'll give it a couple more days and just tell him it's time to say bye to diapers completely(except when sleeping of course. I figure he'll just start waking up dry on his own.At least that is what happened to Savanna just a couple weeks after we day trained her.)  It's always scary to take them out the first time without diapers but I think he's ready. I am actually pleasantly suprised by how well he is doing. 
Anyway we love our little Clark. Now I'll leave you with a few of his recent quotes.

  • "I like Naomi and Santa."
  • "Mommy you are so cute!"
  • (To a boy in front of us in church who was coloring Lightning yellow) "Lightning is not yellow. Lightning is red!" We tried to hush him and as we did he grabbed his coloring book with a picture of Lighting on it and hung it over the bench while saying "See! See! Lightning is not yellow! Lightning is red!" He kept saying it over and over again and TC had to take him out. I was laughing pretty hard. When TC brought him back in he nodded his head and said "Lightning is red."
  • "Mommy you are so cute." Me:"Clark you are so cute." Clark:"No I am not cute!"
  • "I am not a kid. I am a boy. Sponge Bob is a kid." (He has become really into Sponge Bob lately which is random because he doesn't watch Sponge Bob. We do have Sponge Bob dominoes that Savanna got for her birthday a couple years ago that we have been playing a lot recently so I guess that may be why he likes him so much.
  • (In the car while following TC in our friend's truck to get a Christmas tree) "I love Daddy. He's so cute." Savanna: "No he's not cute. He is handsome." Clark: "No he is not handsome. He is cute." My attempts at trying to convince them that Daddy is cute and handsome did not stop them from arguing for a few more minutes.
  • (When saying goodbye to his Aunt April) "I love you so much!"
We love our little guy!

1 comments:

Apryl said...

aw! remembering he said that to me when we were leaving warmed my heart all over again! Here's another funny one, in case anyone else reads this.

Clark must look up to his big sister cause he repeats a lot of things she says! When I came to Utah to surprise them, Savanna was so thrilled and thought it was so cool that I showed up randomly, she said all giddy, "April, you're my favorite aunt now." Repeating what he thought Savanna had said Clark mimicked, "April, you're my favorite animal." :)