Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back from Vacation

Sorry it has been so long since I've posted. We have been on an almost two week long family vacation with the Perry side and just got back early Wednesday morning and this is the first opportunity I have found to update you all the fun time we had. Our trip started in Montana where the family gathers every year. We were there staying in a cabin for five days enjoying the river and hanging out. We went tubing, boating, and some of us tried wake boarding and water skiing. Savanna had a blast playing in the rocks and hanging out with her only two cousins-Lexi and Kaytlin (John and Kristin's daughters). We tried to take her on the boat but she screamed when we put the life jacket on her so that did not work. We also were able to spend time with some of TC's extended family-his grandma, aunts and uncles, and cousins. After being there for 5 days we headed to Washington to spend some more time with TC's parents, James, Marisha and Grandma Perry also came for a few days. We also enjoyed some time with TC's cousins and aunts and uncles there as well. The most memorable part of this half of the trip was the fire that burned 20 acres of land off the highway which TC's dad started on the way home to Washington from Montana. He and Grandma Perry were in 18the car. They were towing the boat and a wheel on the trailer flew off and the sparks created a fire. Oops-it made breaking news that night! No one was hurt-thank goodness. We had a wonderful time and are grateful to have such wonderful family in our lives. We feel very blessed. Here are a few of the highlight pictures!

8 comments:

Marissa said...

Wow, what a fun 2 weeks! I love the picture of TC and Savanna in the lake. It's so cute. She is such a beautiful baby girl! Glad you had such a wonderful time with family. :) And thank you for the compliment you left on my blog. I've been working really hard on getting back into shape, so it was nice to hear that. :)

Abbie said...

Quite the collage you have there but I like it. I sure wish Ella would pass out on a chair like that.... someday maybe.

Jessica said...

Hi Ashley!
Love to hear about your adventures. Chris and I miss you guys! Please say hi to TC and give a squeeze to that adorable Savanna for me.
Jessica

Grace said...

Looks like you had a great trip!

Trent & Tara said...

Hey Ashley...found your blog from someone else in the ward. I love all the cute photos of you and your little girl.

Youngberg Family said...

Those are some awesome pictures! Looks like you had a good time in Washington too. We sure had a fun time with you guys and miss you already!

Ilija said...

Is that St. Edwards park somewhere around Bothell? It looks like the park I went to with my nieces and nephew in June, but I never got a good picture of it. Anyway, Savanna is adorable and looks like a little chunkers like my Peja. Round babies are the best. We miss you guys!

TC, Ashley said...

Ilija, no it is in Columbia Park in Kennewick, WA. It was built by donations from the community. Round babies are definitely fun. Great to hear from you!