Monday, November 16, 2009

Pray for Baby

So I wasn't going to do this but I am a firm believer in prayers and it is hard to contact all of you by phone or e-mail so thought this was the best way. Anyway, I may be freaking out too much but I had my doctor's appointment today and they went over the ultrasound results with us from last week. She mentioned that they saw a small cyst on the baby's brain. She reassured me that I should not be worried about it because in the vast majority of cases it means nothing and goes away but that in a small percentage of cases it could be a marker for down's syndrome. This of course wound me up a bit. Everything else looked normal which made her even more confident that things should be fine. However, she said if I wanted more reassurance I could get a blood test for down syndrome and it will take 3-5 business days to receive the results. It is found to be 87% accurate. Then they are going to do a repeat ultrasound at 26 weeks to see if the cyst has gone away. I am really nervous of course and would ask all of you to keep us in your prayers. We would hope for prayers that our baby boy is healthy but also that we can accept Heavenly Father's will no matter what the outcome. I would also ask for prayers of peace and comfort since I am nervous waiting for more information. Thank you to all of you!

10 comments:

Youngberg Family said...

We'll be praying for you guys!

Maryblog said...

We will be praying for you as well. Hopefully this makes you feel a little better: I have a cyst on my brain and they think its just been there from birth! You guys are such an amazing family. You can do anything! Thanks for sharing and thanks for your great example. You are in our prayers!

Marissa said...

Oh Ashley, hopefully it's nothing, but we'll keep you and your family and little baby in our prayers.

Amy said...

You guys are definitely in my prayers!

Candace said...

Thanks for letting us know. Try not to worry too much. :) We'll keep in you in our prayers!

Lori said...

Ashley- we will be praying for you guys. I loved what you said-- it's probably nothing, but of course you want to be prepared to accept God's will and find peace during this waiting period. You guys will be amazing parents to this little BOY!

Klin said...

Hugs and prayers from us.

Clore said...

we will be praying for you. My sister just had her baby who had the same thing in the ultrasound and they went away. So hopefully that will be the same for you!

Tyson and Kendyl said...

You will be in our prayers.

Cassie said...

You're also in our prayers... let me know how things go!