Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Savanna update

So I realized I haven't done a Savanna update lately. I used to do one every month but since her first birthday I've done them more infrequently but it is really fun to record what she is up to for me to remember and it is fun to share because she is just so dang cute! Anyway, Savanna is doing great. She is a healthy, happy, funny little girl! She is talking up a storm now and knows how to express what she is thinking and feeling. She still loves dogs! She also loves airplanes and helicpoters. She also really enjoys coloring now. She can name almost all her flashcards we have taught her and is now teaching them to her bear! It is really funny to hear her sit and show bear pictures and say "brain", "lungs", "kidneys". We are going to get more cards for her. Savanna is a busy girl and we enjoy going to story time, play group, her music class, and her gym class. Her favorite is her gym class. She loves swinging on the bars and walking on the beam. Savanna recently tells me daily that I have a "big bum." Challenges for Savanna this month included transferring her a toddler bed. She did well for the first week but then started getting out of her crib and playing for like an hour and a half to two hours a night. Then she started coming out of her bedroom like 5-6 times a night before she fell asleep. So we put a child proof handle on her door and then she stood at the door screaming for sometimes up to 45 minutes. We were not sure what to do until one night she asked us if she could have her crib back. So she is back in her crib for now and happy as can be. We also got rid of her pacifier last week. She gnawed holes through her last two and there is no way I was going to buy her a new one. So we told her that her pacifier is broken and she has doen much better with it than expected. The first couple nights and at naps she cried about it for about 5-10 minutes but now she just talks herself to sleep and occasionally we hear her reassure herself, "pacifier broken." Anyway, here are some pictures of Savanna over the past month. We love our sweet little girl. What joy she brings to our lives!

I found Savanna like this one day after I got out of the shower. That is my makeup all over her face in case you are wondering. And sorry some of the pictures are blurry. I lost my camera and April is letting us borrow hers and am still getting used to all the settings.

Savanna now often wraps up her bear or baby and puts them to sleep. So cute!

Hamming it up as usual!
Taking her baby for a walk

5 comments:

Robnz Fam said...

Savanna looks SO Cute in that last pic of her pushing the stroller! Love it.

I'm so sorry that I couldn't make it to your bday party. How come I can never make these things?! I'm not avoiding you Ashley!!

I was so sad to read that post about your baby boy. I pray that all goes well. Please keep us posted.

Marissa said...

So cute! You'll be so happy you recorded all these wonderful little quirks so you can remind her (and yourself) later down the road. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back to read an old journal entry and re-discovered something about my boys that I had forgotten until I read about it again. So worth the effort! :)

Youngberg Family said...

I love how she reminds herself that her pacifier is broken - how cute! It'll be fun to see how the kids play in Dec with them all being a little older.

Anonymous said...

If you showed me a kidney card, I wouldn't know what it was.

Lori said...

Happy Bday Ashley!! I knew it was your bday and totally spaced it, so I am sorry! It looks like you guys had a blast. Wish we could've made it to par-tay a well. ;) I love that Savanna tucks in her bear/doll. So cute! That stroller pic is adorable. Yes, we definitely need to see you again before we move away. You guys are so nice and so much fun! We're thinking about you lots...