Saturday, December 26, 2009

Christmas from You Know Where

So yeah if you didn't feel bad enough for us after the last post here you go. TC had a cold this whole week and a sore throat so ended up going to the doctor on Wednesday and was diagnosed with strep throat. So he got on antibiotics but it takes 24 hours for it to be totally effective and for you not to be contagious. So we were supposed to meet up with his family that night at a house they are renting for the weekend but we didn't want to get them sick so we held out. Anyway, so about 6 o'clock Christmas Eve morning I woke up feeling really sick. Ended up with the stomach flu-seemed like the same one that Savanna got. I don't want to gross anyone else but I have never been so sick in my whole life. It was so bad. I couldn't keep anything down for about 6 hours and I got nervous and TC called my OB and they said if she continues doing that all day they would have to take me to the hospital to get an IV to hydrate me. But in the later afternoon I started feeling a bit better and was able to keep fluids down. TC was feeling terrible the whole day from his strep throat so his family was nice enough to take Savanna for the day (she felt better at this point). It was a really sad Christmas Eve though to be lying in bed by myself. (TC got me some drinks and stuff but was trying to stay away because he didn't want to get the stomach flu on top of his strep throat/cold). Anyway, Christmas Day I was feeling a bit better as far as the stomach flu but woke up feeling like I have a cold which I do have officially now. Anyway, but we felt good enough to head over to the house where TC's family was and see our little girl! Christmas morning was kind of sad though because Savanna seemed like she was not feeling super well and was kind of sad and tired. She did have diarrhea twice and seemed to feel better after that so we think her sickness was still working out of her system. Today she seemed to be feeling better and was running all around but was really moody and threw a couple fits (which she doesn't do too often). TC was supposed to go to work today but called in sick because he still wasn't feeling totally over his sickness. Then about 10:00 he threw up! So yeah now he is in bed with the stomach flu! This definitely was a Christmas to remember but not in a good way. How was your Christmas?

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm so sorry you guys were sick during Christmas. Is there anything you need?

Clore said...

Good heavens!!! When it rains it pours eh? I am sorry you guys were sick!!!!!!! I hope you guys get better soon!!!!!

Clore said...

Good heavens!!! When it rains it pours eh? I am sorry you guys were sick!!!!!!! I hope you guys get better soon!!!!!