Friday, December 4, 2009

November Update-Wedding, Thanksgiving and more!

Okay so here is what we have been up to the last couple of weeks. First of all, my parents came out for a wedding of a close family friend the weekend before Thanksgiving. This family joined the Church a few years ago and became close to our family. They flew out for TC's and I's wedding even though they had not been members long enough to go to our sealing! It was a fun day and I was able to attend the sealing in the Salt Lake temple, the wedding dinner, and reception with my family. Thanks to TC's sisters, April and Marisha, for watching Savanna all day. Congratulations to the happy couple, Veronica and Scott!

My mom, me, Stephanie, and Gaye (some friends from Florida-sorry this one is really blurry)

My favorite temple!

The happy couple!
So then just two days later we headed out to Florida for Thanksgiving at my Grandpa's farm. We had a great time and it was fun to spend time with extended family we don't get to see very often. Savanna loved petting my Grandpa's horse, jumping on the hay bales and playing with a cousin's dog. The trip home was a bit stressful-turbulent flights which make me VERY nervous (Savanna actually fell and hit her head on the arm rest during one of the flights), Savanna screaming for a bit because her ear hurt (we took her to the doctor the day we left and she had a bad ear infection from a cold) and Savanna pooping 5 times that day, three of which were diarrhea (we think it was because she got a lot of Gatorade from my family on the trip. No more of that). The last time it got on TC's hand and we had run out of diapers so we had to buy some at the airport (thank goodness it happened there and not on the plane). Anyway, but it was worth it to go see family!
Savanna and Great Grandpa Lake
Our little family with my Grandpa's horse, Tarvun
Savanna always wanting to get her shoes on and go outside!
Savanna eating her traditional Mickey Mouse pancakes
Playing at Nana and Papa's house (we went there for a day before heading up to the farm).
Working in the kitchen
Playing outside
My cute cousin, Nicole
Savanna and my cousin, Sara. Sara loves Savanna!
Since coming back, we've been going non stop and getting ready for Christmas! We started off Monday by going out to dinner with some friends and seeing New Moon! I thought the movie was quite good and am so Team Jacob now. But I remember feeling that way when reading the books and then when I read Eclipse I totally switch back to liking Edward. Jacob was super annoying in the third book. But I just feel so bad for Jacob when he is begging Bella not to go after Edward. Oh, it just breaks my heart! Anyway, then I got my Christmas cards out this week and we got the house and tree decorated! We also went to the Festival of Trees with some friends. I love going there every year! For those that have never gone I highly recommend it. The trees are awesome and all the proceeds from the sales go to Primary Children's Medical Center I believe. Anyway, Happy Holidays everyone! The tree!
An orange tree at the Festival of Trees!
Really awesome gingerbread houses!

3 comments:

Klin said...

My girls performed at the Festival of Trees. I got to walk around for a little bit, but it was also Young Women in Excellence night so I had to leave earlier than I wanted.

Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. Looks like fun.

I still need to come see your house.

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

OH I love going to the festival of trees. We will have to go with you next year. Your thanksgiving sounds fun! Your cute tummy is darling, no worries i have one just like it only a little bigger!

Na

Grace said...

Looks like you guys are having a fun holiday season. We got your Christmas card last night, Savannah is looking so old these days.