Valentine's Day Weekend
So Happy Late Valentine's Day! I hope you all had a good day. I have to confess that Valentine's Day is my least favorite holiday. I just find that we shouldn't need a day to tell others that we love them and it's so commercialized (though I guess that is true about every holiday-it just seems more annoying at Valentine's Day). It always seems to make single people depressed which doesn't seem like fun. I mean not having a date on Valentine's Day is like the kiss of relationship death right? Whatever! We all should probably try to remember that love involves all different types including that of friends, children, etc. Anyway, Valentine's Day has grown on me a bit and TC knows that he still has to do something nice for me even though I complain about the holiday! So Friday night we went out as a family to a cafe close by here that was doing a Valentine's Day deal. Then Saturday night my brother, Spenser, came up and watched Savanna and we went to a stake Valentine's Day dinner/play the WII. It was a lot of fun. There were Wii's in almost every room. Then Sunday we just went to church, exchanged gifts, and hung out. It was a nice relaxing day. Oh I forgot to mention that our ward spilt! Apparently it is the fourth time it has happened in its history. So we are now in a new ward. They created a whole new ward from members of our ward and another ward. We were released from our callings and have not received new callings yet though they did ask us to sub in Sunbeams two Sundays in a row...
Savanna in her Valentine's Day socks playing with her new play-doh
Enjoying her chocolate icecream


6 comments:
I just can't get over how grown up Savannah is. When are you due...your having a boy right? We find out March 1st I can't wait. I kinda agree with you about Valentine's Day, I just feel pressure on what to do for Trent.
What a CUTIE with the chocolate all over her face! Haha, I love it!
How's the new camera workin out for ya?
You guys must have gotten a new camera! Good to hear you did something for Valentine's. John was in Philadelphia so I just chilled on my own...Mom mentioned your ward split - that's crazy! Hopefully you won't get called into Sunbeams...
"I just find that we shouldn't need a day to tell others that we love them" Exactly how I feel! We did cards, except that I lost the one I bought for hubs. It was a funny one. Mushy ones come on birthdays and mother's/father's day, but gotta do funny for a holiday.
Savannah looks so darn grown up in these pictures-- it's crazy! the ice cream pics are so cute.
I love her pig tails!! Way too cute!
Post a Comment