Pregnancy kills brain cells-seriously it does!
"Research shows that pregnant women experience forgetfulness 15 percent more than nonpregnant women. Memory returns after delivery."-Baby Center This statement is very true though I am still wondering about the memory returning after delivery...When Savanna was 6 weeks old I went to get us dinner at the drive through at Kneaders. I paid for the food and then drove away while they were getting my food for me. The worst part was I didn't realize that I haven't gotten the food until I got home and TC asked me, "Where is our food?" I did have this funny feeling the whole time that I was forgetting something but just couldn't think of what it was! It was quite embarassing to have to go back and get our food but they just smiled politely and gave it to me. I'm sure they all got a good laugh. Today seems to be one of those brain fart days. Today as I was putting Savanna down for a nap I realized that:I don't have a bra on! Yes, I realized this hours after getting dressed, going to story time at the library, and picking up some treats for Enrichment tonight at Wal Mart. Great! I looked at Savanna and told her and she just laughed! Then I got a phone call from the library telling me someone turned in my library card because I left it in the slot when checking out and I can come pick it up within the next 30 days. (this is like the second or third time I've done this mind you). Then I go to put some salsa chicken in the crock pot for dinner to realize that I am missing the main ingredient:the SALSA! Yes, this is after I went to Wal Mart earlier. Oh and I also managed to spill juice all over the counter at lunch and knocked over several other things. I guess pregnancy makes you more clumsy too. I hope that Baby Center quote is true. Please come back brain! I need you!


6 comments:
LOL! You're definitely losing it!
Nate read an article (I think it was about Tiger Woods actually, but it deviated into relevant territory) that claimed that women are 12.5% less sane for every child 2 and under they have.
Oh, Ashley! That is hilarious. Yes, I'm hoping my brain will one day return to it's fully-operable state!!
Ha ha, You are so funny!!
It took several years for my brain to come back after my youngest. In the mean time please keep posting about your brain cramps. It provides a much needed laugh at the end of my looooong day.
Your so funny!! I am still waiting on my brain cells to come back! -Steph
I was always super clumbsy and forgetful. I always dropped my keys and forgot what I was doing midway into whatever it was??? silly I know. You should add our family under your blog list :)
Post a Comment