Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Savanna Update-About 3 years and 9 months old

Sorry that my last blog posts were about vomiting and poop. I guess those just become common topics when you become a mother. Anyway, I realized it's been a bit since I've done an update on Savanna. I'm always good about doing monthly updates until my kids are about 2 and then I don't do them as much so sorry Clark has gotten a bit more attention. Maybe I should just do a monthly update on her as well... Anyway Savanna is our sweet, girly girl and makes us smile every day. The only time she really doesn't make us smile is when she is whining or pushing over her brother... Anyway Savanna seems like she is getting older and more grown up every day. I decided not to do a preschool with her this year. She will just do one year of preschool next year which I think is sufficient. Preschool is expensive and I'm kind of sentimental and want her to enjoy not being in any type of school a little bit longer and being able to hang out with her little brother. But she is taking a gym class again which she loves and taking music class along with Clark. Here are some updates about Savanna over the last few months.

Savanna's Favorite things/activities
  • Taking care of her babies
  • Cinderella
  • Watching movies (I'm a bit hard core with not letting her watch much movies so when she gets to she is very excited. Maybe I should loosen up a bit and she won't like them as much...)
  • Riding her bike
  • Playing at the park
  • Reading books
  • Dancing to music
  • Dressing up
  • Playing games (ie: Memory and Uno)
  • Doing puzzles
  • Playing with Cricket (TC's sister, April's, dog) Savanna loves dogs.
  • Helping in the garden
  • Playing the piano
  • Learning time (time after Clark is asleep and before she naps that we work on learning something)
  • Getting her little brother to do what she says
Savanna's Current Favorite Color: Blue
Savanna's Current Favorite Foods: Spaghetti, Cheese, any type of treat
Savanna's Recent Accomplishments/Milestones
  • Can write, spell and read her name
  • Is learning how to write her letters. She can write quite a few of them.
  • Knows how to read some words:ie: up, dog, bed, red
  • Is starting to sound out some words (I'm going to start Hooked on Phonics with her shortly. I heard it is a good program).
  • Is starting to learn how to read digital time
  • Can read the hand clock when it is something o' clock (ie: 7:00)
  • Can ride a bike with training wheels
  • Can count to 20 almost all days and 30 some days
  • Can spell my name and TC's name (I know TC's is not that hard-lol.)
  • Can tell you where she lives, her grandparents, and her aunts and uncles (most of the time)
Recent Savanna Quotes
  • "Daddy why is that car wearing a birthday hat?" (said when she saw a Brick Oven pizza delivery truck)
  • (While reading "Go Dogs Go" this morning) "It is good to work and it is good to play. I don't work though. I just play. I do pick up stuff though and fix things. That is all the work I do."
  • (Told to her primary teacher in her primary class) "My favorite animal is snakes. But my mom does not like snakes." (That is very true about me! But she has never said that is her favorite animal before. Sorry honey if that is true you will never have one as a pet...)
  • (While playing the piano) "The name of this song is 'Mommy I love you!'"
  • (While playing the piano) "Doesn't this song sound like a hug?"
  • (Heard in Savanna's prayers) "Please help me not be mean to Clark. Please bless me to see Cricket. Please bless Mommy's bug bite to go away."
  • "When I lived here for a long time I had to go pee pee because my bladder was full. That's what happened. I had to go pee pee."
  • (While saying good night to her one evening and caressing my forehead) "Mommy are you going to go to sleep with your little cute forehead?"
We love our Savanna!

0 comments: