Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Savanna's 1st day of Kindergarten!



My little Savanna is an official kindergartener!School started for her track August 2nd. It starts so early because we have year round school in our school district. Savanna was so excited to start kindergarten! She ran around the house the day before saying how excited she was. She had a great time picking out her backpack with TC and I read her the book "Twas the Night before Kindergarten (a spinoff of "Twas the Night before Christmas") the night before. She is loving school and I think she will do really well. I have to brag a little. She got a perfect score on her literary assessment and only missed one on her math assessment. Her teacher told me she is reading as they would expect at the end of kindergarten so she will be doing a lot of first grade work. Clark is missing Savanna while she is at school but I think he'll get used to it. He loves to walk her to the front of the school , wave and say "Savanna! I love you!' It's so sweet. Savanna already has several friends in her class from preschool and is making new friends. Oh and crazy story: There's another Savanna in her class who spells her name the same, has the same middle name as my Savanna and both of them picked out the same backpack! 
We are excited for Savanna to be in school! I do miss her and it's hard to believe she's growing up so fast but I'm excited for her new adventures!








2 comments:

Youngberg Family said...

She's so big!! I'm glad she's loving it!

Marisha & Forrest said...

That's crazy that there is another Savanna with the same names and backpacks!!