Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Savanna Update- 6 years 8 months-1st Grade!

Savanna is growing and changing so fast and the biggest change for her is she started first grade on July 29th! I still can't believe she's old enough for first grade. I admit that I am a sentimental mom and I was quite sad about her being in school all day. I feel like her starting first grade has been an even harder adjustment for me than when she started kindergarten. She is enjoying school though and doing so well! Since no one seems to look at my blog too much anymore. (I'm not offended. Everyone does facebook these days.) I can brag about her without feeling like I'm being conceited because it's just for my records. She is so smart. She is ahead in her grade, reading like a champ, excelling in all other areas, is such a sweetheart and nice to all the kids, never has any behavioral problems and is her teacher's helper. I'm so proud of her. She is such a fun, well adjusted girl and such a great example to her brother and sister. We're so happy to have Savanna in our family! Here are some other things about Savanna at 6:

  • Favorite color: Still blue
  • Favorite movie: Frozen (Big surprise there! Ha ha)
  • Favorite activities: Swimming, playing outside, writing stories, drawing pictures, pretending, reading, playing with friends, gymnastics, artwork of any kind, riding her scooter
  • Closest friend currently: Sadie
  • Loves: Her family, babies, going on family outings, helping with yard work, helping with organizing, loves when family comes to visit, her beanie babies, the scriptures,dancing,singing, absolutely LOVES when family comes to visit and doesn't like to see them go
  • Accomplishments: Can now ride a bike (though she doesn't love to ride it because it's too big for her), can swim (though still can't float very well), reads quite above grade level, writes very well, writes stories for Clark
  • Is very spiritually centered-She will pray on her own and loves to ask questions about the scriptures and tries to make right choices
Recent Quotes

  • "Those are my crush boys!" (Referring to the boys in her class she has a crush on)
  • "Mommy, when Adam and Eve came to earth did they come as grown ups or as babies?"
  • "When I hear the story of Adam and Eve I wonder-who were their mommy and daddy?'
  • "Mommy I just love Grandma."
  • "Mommy I just love Linnea. I just want to hug and hug and hug her."
  • "I can't wait to be a mom one day."
  • "I love Sadie! But not like in love. Love like a friend."
Here's some pictures of saying goodbye to Savanna on her first day of school. (Sorry Ann hope you forgive me for posting pictures of you in your pajamas!)







0 comments: