Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Father's Day

So TC celebrated his first Father's day this past Sunday. It was a good day. We both ended up having to give talks in church which went fairly well. I made TC's request for dinner which was pasta primavera. We called our fathers and a few other family members and played a new game which TC rented.
The highlight of Father's Day was the gift I made for TC thought it did not show up until the day after. It was somewhat creative, believe it or not!! A friend of mine told me about the website, shutterfly.com, where you can make online photo albums/scrapbooks. So I made a book for TC for Father's Day. It is online and just involved dragging pictures and picking out backgrounds for the pages. However, for me I define it as creative and was quite pleased with the results. (This was after I was quite frustrated on many occasions during the about 4 hour long process.) I entitled the book "A Story about my Daddy" and it is written in Savanna's "perspective". I am sure if she could talk it is what she would say. Anyway, TC loved it and was proud of me for my "creative" endeavor. TC is a great dad and Savanna and I love him very much.
Another area I am working on is cooking. I have been cooking dinner every night for the past two weeks and you know what-I enjoy doing it. My friend, Aleta who is a very experience chef, comes over and teaches me new tips once a week and then her, her husband, Bryan, TC and I enjoy a nice meal together. I am gaining more confidence in the kitchen. I feel that now that I am a mom thi is a skill I should really develop. Savanna is already eating baby food and I want her to have nutritious meals-not just Kraft Mac'n cheese and frozen chicken nuggets! Anyway, so far it is going well.
I am also jogging every day and Savanna loves riding in the jogging stroller. Today, however, one of the back wheels of the stroller came off and a guy had to come over and tighten it back up for me. So when TC gets home from work I am going to have him look at it to make sure it still looks sturdy. I am hoping to run a half marathon in October. Wish me luck!!!
Anyway, this was a random post. Just felt like writing about the fun things I am trying to learn how to do.

2 comments:

lovecat said...

Happy fathers day TC! Michael really enjoyed his first fathers day too, but he only got video games instead of a cool gift.

Congrats on the cooking and jogging. Those are both things that I am trying to get better at too. Its so hard to get into cooking, so I am amazed that you were able to cook for those two weeks! I also wish I could go jogging but its still too soon after Lillian was born. I feel like my insides will fall out!
-Jenny

Marissa said...

Good for you for learning to cook and for getting out and jogging so soon! I never learned to cook until after Arden was born and now I love it! I love experimenting with new recipes and getting creative in the kitchen. The only part I hate is the clean up!