Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy 6th month birthday to Savanna!!

Wow-it is amazing I am posting twice in one week! I know many of you have probably stopped checking my blog because I update so infrequently but don't give up on me yet-I am getting better! Anyway, today is a very special day today. Savanna is 6 months old today! I can't believe that it has been 6 months since she came into our lives! In some ways it seems like just yesterday and in other ways it seems like she has been here for forever! We can't believe that in another 6 months she will be a year! That is absolutely crazy! Savanna is a such a joy in our lives and it is amazing how much she has grown and changed over these past months. She now has mastered sitting up on her own and is constantly rolling over. Occasionally, we get some giggles out of her but still not too often! She loves exploring now and is constantly reaching for everything in sight. Her favorite things still include reading books, going on walks, and dancing and eating-how could I forget eating? Did I mention she is now 22 pounds? I know-huge!! She is now eating solid foods-we started her on rice cereal but she now has also eaten sweet potatoes, carrots, peas, and bananas. She absolutely loves bananas! The first few times we fed her she didn't quite seem to know what to think but now she opens up her mouth way in advance and looks around excitedly for her food! It is very cute. She also appears to be teething and is biting everything in sight. Savanna had a fun filled "birthday" weekend. It started on Friday night where we played games at a ward activity. On Saturday we went up and visited some friends in Salt Lake. We went hiking and also swimming in their pool. Savanna didn't like swimming in the pool too much. We think it was because the water was so cold because she always loves her bath or swimming in our big bath tub! Savanna pretty much crashed on the way home from Salt Lake. Today she had her first bath in her "duck" tub since she can sit up now. She wore a pretty new orange dress to church and the day will be finished up here in a little bit with her being able to talk to her Aunt Kristin, Uncle John and her cousins, Lexi and Kaytlin, on the web cam! We hope you enjoy all the pics Oh also we decided that it was time to get Savanna some new "stuff" for her six month birthday. Last night we ordered her the following things online-a block set, a set of soft balls, a star stacker, a jumperoo, a play telephone (she loves our cell phones!), an activity triangle, and a vibrating teether. I know she is very spoiled!

9 comments:

Marissa said...

Wow, what a beautiful little girl you two have! I LOVE the orange dress! It's so gorgeous! Keep up the frequent posting, I love it when it's updated!

Grace said...

I can't believe she is sitting up on her own already! Good for her. I will be coming up in a few weeks and I plan on coming to Provo so I can see you and Savanna.

Youngberg Family said...

Hey it was fun doing webcam with you guys last night. Those are such fun pictures of Savanna! I love her swimming outfit! We can't wait to see you guys in Montana!

Michelle said...

She is a very very very beautiful girl. I love the dress too. She is precious.

Kathlen said...

Happy Birthday Savanna!! She is super cute!

Candace said...

Savanna looks like she could have been a bridesmaid at your wedding in that dress. Very cute and very big! Garrett's first 6 months were waaaay longer. :)

megan&steve said...

She is beautiful, and I can totally tell you love being her Mommy. Her 2 peice swimoutfit is something I would have bought. I love teenie bikinis on little girls. 22lbs? Good thing T.C. was carrying her in the baby bjorn!

Nora said...

HEY YOU GUYS!! you prob. don't even remember us, but it's great to see what you've been up to through your blog; we found it through the Farnsworth's. We're in VA now, and are really enjoying being mom and dad to Samuel, who's almost 8 months...we'd love to hear how things are going, feel free to drop an email or visit our blog: noraharrison@gmail.com, http://harrisonfamilyfun.blogspot.com
We were in the BYU 5th ward for a year in 2006, if that helps...

Bingham Fam said...

Oh my goodness she is such a doll! I love her dress. I cannot believe that she is already six months old. Time goes by so fast. We are going to miss you guys and we hope that you keep in touch. I will check your blog often to see what is going on in your lives and of course to see more cute pictures. Good luck with everything in the future.