Monday, July 14, 2008

Food for Thought

So this type of post would usually be found in my personal journal but it is something I was thinking about the other day that I thought may be helpful to some of you readers out there. This personal reminder happened to me the other day while shopping at the grocery store. Savanna and I go shopping every Monday and she loves it. Until just the other day she would not sit in the cart because she'd feel wobbly and cry so I would always put her in the baby bjorn which she loves but is quite heavy for me after awhile. Then she loves to "push the grocery cart" though she is really pushing resistance on the cart thus making it harder to push. She also loves to try to grab everything off the shelves while I am shopping. (Thank goodness she'll sit in the cart now right? Lol). Anyway, most days this is very cute but the other day I just wanted to hurry and get done because I had gotten a later start than usual. I looked at a young single girl shopping and I must admit I thought to myself, "She doesn't know how easy she has it now." Then I immediately thought back to about a year and a half ago when TC and I were trying to start a family and it was taking longer than we expected. One day I was shopping at the grocery store and saw several woman with small babies and I just kept thinking to myself, "They are so lucky. I want a baby. When will I ever have a baby?" Anyway, my point of this whole story and what I got out of it is that I should be enjoying every moment of my life and not always trying to rush on to the next chapter. I believe a lot of us have a tendency to do that especially when "things" in our lives aren't happening exactly when we want them to. I hope this doesn't come out wrong, I love being a mother more than ever and would not trade it for the world! However, I realize more now that this life is a journey and each stage of our life is important and we should enjoy it while we are there. I find that once we move on to the next stage in our life we are often a bit nostalgic for what we left behind. So overall, my message is "Live in the moment. Plan for the future." All right, I am done. I'll get off my soapbox now!

3 comments:

Abbie said...

I totally know what you mean! I'm glad you posted that. I can get so caught up in what I call "future thoughts". I get so excited and completely plan out the future that I don't live much in the present. I think you should join my training blog PS.

Marissa said...

Ashley, I've been thinking the same thing lately. I'm trying really hard to enjoy the stage I'm at in life and not look to far forward to the future. There's a country song about this. It's called "You're gonna miss this". It really sums up how I'm feeling right now. Thanks for sharing. I love posts like this!

Kathlen said...

I Love you!! Your so funny!!