I Quit!
Don't worry I am not talking about motherhood but rather my job. For those of you that don't know I was doing some work a few hours a week for an adoption agency on the days that TC's home (since he packs in 40 hours a week Monday-Wednesday.) Although I loved the work I was doing, it never felt quite right to leave Savanna on a regular basis. It was really difficult for me and I was always thinking about her the whole time I was there! Additionally, rather than relieving stress it just made me feel like I was pulled in more directions. Anyway, after some prayer and thought I decided that the right decision for me right now is to be a stay at home mother completely. I told my coworkers yesterday and they were extremely understanding. I just need to finish up some work for them. I am interested in continuing to accumulate hours toward a higher social work license when my children are in school but for right now I am very happy with my decision. I know that all of us as mothers have different circumstances and different needs and I do not make judgement calls for what is right for any mother: work full-time, part-time, or not at all. However, I am so grateful that we have a Heavenly Father who leads and guides us to make the right decisions for our personal families and do what seems best for our children.


8 comments:
Amen! It gave me goosebumps when I read "the right decision for me right now is to be a stay at home mother completely". I can't wait until my thesis is done so that I can feel more like my time is devoted to Ella. Good choice. It's one you won't regret!
Glad you feel so good about your decision. I was doing some work from home when Mister was a baby, but when we moved here I decided to quit too. I just didn't want to miss anything new he was doing. It's sad to hear about your baby's firsts from someone else.
Good for you. That is such a tough decision I think all Mom's have to face at some point. I am totally going through the same thing only the other way around right now. Dave's boss offered me a great high paying part time job, but it is at the same time as Dave so I would have to find someone I trust to babysit. It is only 10 hours a week, but I don't even know if I can handle that much time away from Lucy. SOmetimes I think it will help to have a few hours away from her, but at the same time I don't think I can. Can't live with her, can't live without her!
You are so good at writing. I'm glad that things went well when you told them it was quits. That probably wasn't the easiest thing to do! Savanna is adorable, by the way. Don't know if I've ever told you that before... :)
I'm glad you've made a decision that feels right for you. You and your family are the most important thing and only you know what is best for you. I'm glad you're feeling good and all has gone well with your employer. I don't know how you can stay away from Savanna at all! She is so darling.
Good for you girl. Being a stay at home mom is the most important thing you can do for your children. I wish i could do more photography shoots, and am sure i could easily. but the most important thing is spending my time with Evelyn. sorry i couldn't stay longer over at your house the other day...i was bummbed. Great get together though.
Ashley! I just came across your blog. :-) That probably was a difficult decision - but I'm glad you are doing what is best for you. Savanna is so adorable, by the way.
Hey congratulations! I am sure you are thrilled to be away from all the drama that it sometimes caused and to be home with your adorable baby. It is fun to be able to be at home but remember that you need time to be away too. By the way the costume is sooo cute. What will you and TC be this year? Love you guys
Post a Comment