Tuesday, November 11, 2008

When it rains it pours.....

So today was just one of those days when all the odds seemed to be stacked up against me. It started with Savanna waking up at 5: 15 a.m. cooing. If any of you know our little girl you know what a great sleeper she is so this was bizarre and she wasn't crying-just awake. I gave her a pacifier and I could hear her playing through the monitor for about 20 minutes and then went back to sleep-thank goodness. Then about 8 this morning I loaded Savanna into the car to go jogging at the indoor track. I tried to start my car several times and nothing. We were able to jump start it and then drive it to the shop and my brother brought Savanna and I home. After unloading Savanna from the car where she had slept for a total of about 20 minutes I noticed she had leaked her pants (she is still not totally over her sickness and still has diarrhea). I proceeded to clean her up and then load her into the bath. As I am holding her and filling up the bathtub she pees all over me. Thank goodness my brother was still home so I was able to clean up and put new clothes on. Then about 20 minutes after her bath she has diarrhea again and leaks through her clothes again. (She has not had any since-thank goodness, sorry this post contains diarrhea talk). She is now clearly too awake to take her morning nap. Then I proceed to go downstairs and unload the whole dishwasher and then realized that the soap capsule did not dispense. After reloading the dishwasher and running it I noticed that it is leaking water. So I make a call to get a repair person out to look at it. The soonest they can come is tomorrow. While I am on the phone about the dishwasher the service representative calls back about the car and proceeds to tell me the car needs a new battery. Also the audio isn't working in my car and that needs to be fixed (thank goodness that is covered under warranty). Then while I am typing this blog Savanna wakes up screaming from a nap (which she hardly ever does) I have just got back from giving her a pacifier and I think she has quieted down. I am sorry for this bitter post. I just had to vent. It helps me feel better to write or express my problems. Oh and I also forgot to mention that while I was getting ready this morning to head up to the car place(still haven't jogged) Savanna was playing and knocked this little table over in my room that holds a lot of my pictures. Thank goodness it basically missed her and she was ok. Heavenly Father is still watching out for me!

3 comments:

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

I am so glad days like this don't come around very often.
Makes you appreciate those "normal" days!

Give that cutie a hug and kiss from me!!

Miss you guys.

Youngberg Family said...

Ashley - you are awesome. I love how even on this crummy day after saying something bad it is followed with a "thank gooness" for this or that. I hope Savanna gets over her diarrhea soon. For her sake and yours!

Marissa said...

What a day! Those can be so stressful, but thank goodness those days aren't the norm. I hope Savanna gets better soon.