Fun Weekend!!!
So TC and I had an awesome date night Friday night! Thanks to Aunt April for watching Savanna and making this possible. We were able to go to the David Archuleta concert and it was sooo fun! For those of you that don't know, I am a huge fan. I personally think that he is the most talented 17 year old in the world. No one could talk to me about David Cook beating him for a few days after the American Idol Finale last year-I was so ticked! Anyway, it was a great night for us to hang out together just the two of us. (We are sad that we missed our ward talent show though but we heard it is all on video so we will have to watch it!) We started out with dinner at a restaurant in the E Center called The Tavern. It was great food. It was a buffet and there was chicken, wild rice, prime rib, etc (I LOVE prime rib!). Anyway, then we headed to our seats for the concert. There were two singers who opened for David that we weren't too excited about at frist. They actually were quite good though. David Archuleta did not come out until almost 9:30 but he put on a great show. It was not over the top or anything just him singing with the band. There were a couple of songs I really wanted him to sing though that he didn't:Apologize and Imagine in particular. I kept waiting for those songs but he never sang them. Oh well! He pretty much just sang songs on his album. I guess that is what he is supposed to do mostly. Here are some pictures of our fun night!
These cars cracked me up so I had to get pictures of them. On our way into the E Center they wer parked outside in front of the radio setup.
Then Saturday morning was fun because we had a baby shower here for my good friend, Aleta. Unfortunately I did not get any really good pictures on my camera. Here are just a couple. Congratulations Aleta! We are really excited for you and can't wait to meet your red headed daughter! (Just kidding, Aleta. I know she may not have red hair.)
The beautiful table setting (designed my friend, Ashley E., who is fantastic at making anything look wonderful!)
Guests chatting. Aleta is the one in the black by the window. You can't really see her pretty red hair but if you could you would understand why I want her daughter to have red hair just like hers!
Then I could not resist adding this cute picture of Savanna. She was especially tired on the way home from church because she woke up at 7 instead of 8 which is when she normally wakes up. If she falls asleep in the car before lunch I usually wake her up and then put her down for a nap. This was a fruitless effort this Sunday. I took her out of the car seat and tried to stand her up and she would not. Then I sat her down on the floor and she fell over onto her side completely asleep. I just gave up and brought her upstairs for her nap without lunch. Of course as I suspected she woke up early from her nap fussing for food. Next time I think I will try harder to wake her up!


7 comments:
I am so excited you go to go to the David Archuleta concert! I am also jealous! Savanna is getting so big!
Man, I wish I would have been there to see your face when David came out on stage. That sounds like so much fun! Do you think you'll like anyone else as much this season?
You guys did a great job at the baby shower! I really enjoy going to them!
Sounds like you guys had a great night out.
I love your story about Savanna and the added picture makes it come alive.
Love you guys.
haha how cute of savannah. sounds like the concert was so much fun!
I can't believe that Savanna is so big. Guess it has been awhile since we have seen her. Grandma Perry and I will be at Nathan's from April 12-18. Grandma and Susan are going back to MT but I am staying until Nathan and Julianne come back on April 16. Come and see us.
I am so jealous! I would have loved to have been at that concert!!! Tell Aleta congratulations for me. I am thrilled for them. You are always so good to have showers at your house. Savanna looks pretty wiped out from the weekend. Too Cute.
Post a Comment