June Recap
Savanna, Maya, and Emi
Loading up the truck!
Unloading
2. Tribute to Uncle Manuel-On a sad note, my uncle passed away on June 11th. It was very sudden and unexpected so we were a bit shocked. My mom was out here helping us move and literally received the call from my aunt about his passing while we were loading our moving truck. She had to fly back to New Jersey for the funeral but is now here again because she wanted more time to spend with Savanna. We will miss Uncle Manuel and are keeping Aunt Myra in our prayers ever day!
3. Oquirrh Moutain Temple open house-We were able to attend this temple open house this past Saturday night with my mom and my cousn, Michael, who was in town for the weekend. It was a great evening and the temple is beautiful. I am so grateful to have so many temples close by! I forgot to bring my camera so unfortunately I don't have any pictures
4.Savanna update-So this has been a rought month for Savanna. I think her getting her molars and moving has contributed to her being more fussy than normal. She also is having a hard time in nursery in our new ward. It is weird because we took her for the first time last Sunday and she was fine and 30 minutes later one of the workers brought her to us and she was crying hysterically. She told me she got really upset when they put the toys away for singing time. Anyway, we tried to bring her back later that day and she started crying immediately when we walked in and she did the same thing this week. I do not believe it has to do with separation anxiety because it does not help if we stay in there and she was fine the first time we brought her. It seems like something happened that scared her. It is frustrating because she is so bored in our classes now and has learned how to just push out the Relief Society door and frequently tries to escape. Any suggestions from other moms who have transitioned their children to nursery? It is not like her to not want to go. She is around other children all the time. Maybe it is just because she is having other issues. Despite this being a more difficult month, we've still managed to have some fun. Savanna is loving the warm weather to play on the playground, swim, and be outside. Here are some pictures of her enjoying herself!
Savanna is obsessed with "doggies" lately. TC's sister, April, has a dog named Cricket and she brings her over to play and Savanna has so much fun with her! The last time April brought Cricket over Savanna cried for a good couple of minutes when she left. FYI, Savanna usually doesn't run around outside without pants on. It was just one of those days!


5 comments:
Congratulations! You did it! I can't wait to see the new place!
I don't have any nursery advice because Garrett's only issues have been because he's a shy guy. Once he started talking he started letting us know if someone hit him or wasn't sharing. Did they keep the toys out the whole time in the old nursery?
I'm glad you are all moved.
Who cares if Savannah doesn't have pants on? She's a baby and doesn't have to. . . .that's my story anyway.
As for nursery. . . I need more info. I could be that when you first went it took her 30 minutes to realize that it wasn't her old classmates. Toys put up = young ones looking at who's there.
It may be that if you stay with her and gradually decrease your time that she will adjust easier.
That's one theory anyway.
My real thought is you are mom, so what do you think or feel happened.
that picture of savanna is so cute! saxon loves doggies lately too!
your new house loooks awesome. I love the picture w/ everyone by the truck. so nice to have help!
I am SO happy that you posted pictures, your place looks SO CUTE! I love the green =)
I miss you guys.
Savanna looks ADORABLE holding Cricket's leash
Wow, I remember playing karaoke revolution in that condo! Crazy to see that you, the Edwards', and the Young's have still been in the same ward all this time! It seems like such a long time ago that we were there. Fun times!
Post a Comment