Thursday, August 20, 2009

Updates on our family

Well TC got a job teaching at a local college so we are excited about that. He is just teaching in addition to his full time job because it gives us a little more money and he has always thought he would enjoy teaching. He is only teaching 2 labs per week which equals about 7 hours a week, it is close by, and they are paying him pretty well. Congrats TC! Savanna and I are so proud of you for supporting us well so that I can stay at home with her. Anyway, and then some fun updates on little Savanna. She is growing up so fast! She really seems like a little girl now. She will be 20 months tomorrow and oh how the time has flown! She now speaks in little phrases. Her new favorite saying is "I need it!" or whatever she needs, "I need juice, I need milk", etc. She also looks at us and says, "Hold you!" but then quickly corrects herself to "Hold me." She also is kind of starting to potty train! We really did not push it at all. We just bought a potty seat a couple months ago because she was so fascinated when we would go to the bathroom but she did not seem very interested in it. Anyway, over the past couple of days she has decided that she wants to use the toilet. She pooped on the toilet the last 3 days and peed in it tonight! Anyway, it is exciting to see her start reaching this milestone. I don't know how long it will be until she is fully potty trained but it is nice to see some progress. Savanna has been spoiled this last month or so with family visits, vacations, friends, etc. She is going to be so bored when it is just her and me again! (hopefully I can entertain her as well as her grandparents, aunts, cousins, and daddy can). Anyway, here are just a couple cute/funny stories that have happened over the past month. I want to make sure I write them down so I don't forget and if you would like to be amused please feel free to read as well. 1. A couple days before we left for our trip, TC's sister, April, was over and we were eating dinner. I decided to ask Savanna where April's hair was and she pointed to her head. Then I asked her where Mommy's hair was and she pointed to my head. Then I asked her where Daddy's hair was she started to point to his head, got a very confused look on her face and then said, "Oh no!" She realized that he did not have hair. It was SOOO funny! 2. When we went to church in TC's parents' ward on our trip as soon as we sat down in the pew for sacrament meeting, Savanna looked at TC and I shaking her head and said, "No church! No church!" Lol-I hope she doesn't try the same thing when she is a teenager. 3. I had taken Savanna outside a restaurant we ate at in Washington because it was really slow and she was antsy. She saw an ant and said, "Ant. Hi." Then she said, "Ant. Bye." and took a piece of wood and smooshed him!! I don't know if she has ever saw me do that but I just started laughing though I did feel bad for that poor ant. 4. The other day when TC came home from work, she was sitting in her chair and we had already started dinner and she kind of whined and looked at TC and hugged herself and said, "Hug" because she wanted him to give her a hug. So precious! We love our little girl! What a ham she is turning into!

1 comments:

Youngberg Family said...

Congratulations on the job TC! You'll be a great teacher!