Sunday, March 14, 2010

I love that my little girl loves me!!

So just have to share how precious Savanna was the other night. It apparently started out by me traumatizing her but ended with me feeling so loved and valued as her mommy! So my friend, Andrea, wanted to go to a gardening class Thursday night but TC was working later that night and children were not allowed at the class. Anyway, I called her up to tell her that I would not be able to come because TC wouldn't be home in time to watch Savanna. Anyway, she is so nice and insisted that I bring Savanna over to her house and she could play with her little girl who is about 18 months. It would only be for about an hour. Anyway, she has been over there a couple times before and I thought she would be fine. Aparently not. She was ok for maybe about 15 minutes and then told Andrea's husband that she was ready to go, put her coat on and started to put her shoes on and asked, "Is Mommy coming?" When he told her not yet she got very upset and kept crying for Mommy over and over again. Well TC got home before my class was over and picked her up and I got home just a little bit later. Anyway, when I got home she was absolutely ecstatic. She kept hugging me, kissing me, and saying "Mommy's home!" Mommy's here!" It was really sweet. Then the next morning she told me about 3 times "Savanna was crying for Mommy. Savanna needed her mommy." It warmed my heart. At the same time, I don't know why she is kind of going through this separation anxiety thing, she is usually fine with other people but it still helped me feel loved. (She has not really been around my friend's husband without us there so that could have something to do with it.) Also, we took Savanna to Disney on Ice last night and she had a great time. There was a Princess pre-show and the ice show was awesome. She especially loved seeing Nadar from "Cars" and Ariel. Here are some pictures from the event.

5 comments:

Marisha & Forrest said...

I love Ariel too!
Miss ya'll too !

Cassie said...

Very sweet. Ice fun too!

Amy said...

How sweet! Looks like you guys are having lots of fun!

Devin, Naomi and Spencer said...

Wow I just can't believe how big savanna is, and how darling, what a cute little girl! When is your due date asheley, and I forget do you have a name picked out yet?

Candace said...

Cool! We're going to Disney on Ice next month. Looks like fun!