Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Recent Highlights

So just wanted to tell you a little bit of what we have been up to lately. It seems like life has been busy, busy, busy. TC is working very hard and we are getting ready for the baby and that is on top of the everyday chores and routine of life. We have still managed to have some fun over the past couple weeks though and spend time with friends. Here are some of the highlights.
1. Getting to the temple-Last Saturday TC and I were able to go the temple for initiatories and it was so wonderful to enjoy the spirit there and get away for a bit. We try to go every month but we missed in January so it was nice to get back. Thanks to our friends, Derek and Carly, for watching Savanna for us.
2. Getting our double stroller-Our double stroller came a few weeks ago and we love it. We took it to the mall and Savanna got to try it out. Here are so some pictures of her in it and riding the carousel at the mall.
3. Getting the nursery set up-So the baby's room is pretty much set up. Stay tune for pictures. We are doing an airplane theme and it is really cute. We got airplane theme bedding, a cute lamp, mobile, and an airplane which hangs from the ceiling. The ceiling also has blue and white clouds on it with glow in the dark stars which matches our theme perfectedly. (The previous owners painted that not us.) It was quite a project to get that room cleaned out since it had a lot of our extra junk in it but we did it. Phew.
4. Friend's birthday party-We were able to go to a little birthday party for one of Savanna's friends and had a great time. The theme of the party was "It's a Bug's Life" and Savanna came home with cute little antennaes and a bucket of candy. Here is a picture of her playing.
5. Going to see Fiddler on the Roof-This past Saturday TC and I went to see "Fiddler on the Roof" with some of our good friends, Jeremy and Tiffany, and we had a great time! I love plays and we haven't been to a play in so long. It was great. Unfortunately, I meant to take a picture but I forgot my camera. Thanks April for watching Savanna for us! Apparently since I left my camera at April grabbed it and took some fun pictures of Savanna playing at her house.
I hope you all had a good February! I can't wait for it to get warmer. It can't be too much longer right?

0 comments: