Savanna Update-2 years 8 months
So I was a bit negative about Savanna in our last post. Maybe I should not blog when I'm in a bad mood. Though it is sometimes good to vent right? Anyway, Savanna is still our cute little girl and we love having her around. She has not been as difficult as that one week but she does still have her moments. We are learning how to deal with it better though as we go. We have made going to bed more fun now by playing games so that has helped. Savanna is now a pro at going to the potty though she will not go usually if we ask her only when she wants to. For some reason she has decided that she wants to go whenever we are in public so we have frequented many restrooms in the last few weeks. It does not bother me that much until she looks at me after I take her and says, "I don't want to go." Last week at The Olive Garden I took her to the bathroom 4 times and she only actually peed once. GRRR. Savanna also has learned the word "wedgie" and uses it frequently when her underwear gets stuck where she does not want it be me. Savanna is loving Clark a lot more and loves to sing songs to him and play with him. But still occasionally enjoys swatting him or throwing toys at him. Whenever she triest to hurt Clark she automatically goes to time out. Savanna has also been dressing herself quite a bit and brushing her teeth herself (though TC or I will do it again to make sure they are getting clean). Savanna's imagination has been going wild lately and she loves to pretend-though sometimes her pretending makes her scared. Last week she came out her bed a few minutes after putting her down and told us an alligator had bit her face. Another time she told us that the screws on her bed were bugs. We will often just be doing something and she will run abruptly away and say "Somebody's coming." When I ask her who is coming she usually says "An alligator" or "a dinosaur". Sometimes the animals are friendly and sometimes they are scary. Savanna did get another ear infection this month so I think I'm done with the antibiotics and doctor's visits. I think we will be scheduling ear tubes for her next month.


0 comments:
Post a Comment