Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween weekend

So we had a great Halloween weekend though trick or treating turned out to be a bit of a flop (more explanation later). My mom came into town on Thursday and is staying for a couple of weeks. Thursday afternoon we headed over to Gardner village with the kids to enjoy the festivities. We tried to do a witch scavenger hunt with Savanna but she said she was scared of the witches so we just roamed around a couple of shops and got a Halloween cookie at the bakery. Then TC came and picked up the kids so my mom and I could go the Witchapoolza which is a dinner/dance show. It was hysterical! I loved it! I would highly recommend it to anyone and the food was pretty good as well. Friday we got together with a few friends and made Halloween cookies in the morning and then went out to lunch with my mom. That evening TC and I had our adult session of stake conference and my mom watched our kids for us. It was a great session and we enjoyed the spiritual uplift. Saturday my mom and I took Savanna and Clark to Corn Bellies. I had been trying to go with TC when he was not working but the weather was not cooperating so we ended up having to go without him. Savanna had a really fun time and especially loved jumping on the big pillows and getting a face painting of a pumpkin. That evening April, TC's sister, came over to go trick or treating. We ended up going out before TC got home from work because there was a window of time when it was not raining. We were hoping to go to more houses after he got home but Savanna was basically done in about forty minutes. It was sad because she was looking forward to trick or treating for the whole month but she was just really cold and uncomfortable. The weather was awful. Also her mermaid costume was wet because it was long and dragging on the ground. Clark only lasted about two houses because he was cold and not feeling super well. (He currently is on medicine for a double ear infection! Thank you honey for your genes! TC and a couple of his siblings got a ton of ear infections as kids and he ended up having ear tubes.) Anyway and Savanna was avoiding a dinosaur costume that seemed to be following her around the neighborhood because she said it scared her. (She is going through a bit of scaredy cat phase right now). Anyway, it still ended up being a fun night and I guess she doesn't need too much candy right? Sunday we had our general session of stake conference and then Savanna, Clark and TC enjoyed afternoon naps while my visiting teachers came and visited with my mom and I for three hours! It was actually great. I've never been visit taught that long before but these girls are some good friends of mine and I think it was therapeutic for all of us. Then after delivering some Halloween treats to the girls I visit teach and another friend we came back and enjoyed a nice Halloween themed dinner-Mummy meatloaf and Mac and Cheese goblins. Hey aren't you just so impressed with my creativity? The highlight of the weekend came though when we got a phone call from TC's little sister, Marisha, Sunday night telling us that she is ENGAGED!!! WE are so excited for her! Her and her fiance, Forrest, are getting married on December 18th and we can't wait! It is a little weird that she is old enough to get married because she was 14 when TC and I got married but time flies! It still feels weird to me that I am old enough to have two kids! Congrats again to the cute couple! Well here are some pictures from the weekend. Enjoy! I hope you all had a Happy Halloween as well!

Our cute little Ariel

Fun at Corn Bellies

Halloween Play Group (Apparently I was the entertainment.)

Mac and Cheese Goblins

Mummy Meatloaf

Cute Halloween Plates Savanna trying on some of our old Halloween costumes
Little Sebastian and Ariel (without her wig)

5 comments:

Amy said...

So cute!

Youngberg Family said...

How cute! I love the costumes! It's great you could get them to be the same theme. Yeah, trick or treating in bad weather sure makes it tough. We went to a bunch of houses (drove to them since there aren't neighborhoods here), it was pouring rain, and John was in so much pain he stayed in the car. He broke his finger last week.

Marisha & Forrest said...

John broke his finger!? Um, OUCH!

It IS cute that they were the same theme, I'm sure Savanna looked forward to it for a long time!

Hey, that's funny, me getting engaged was my highlight of the weekend too! ;P

LOVE YOU!

Marisha & Forrest said...

Cute Halloweeny food, too! =)

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

Love the pictures of the kids. Your mummy and goblins---how fun!