Texas Trip
We just got back from a week long trip to Texas to see my really good friend, Candace and her husband,Nate, and their two kids, Garrett and Carlie. Candace and I met our freshman year at BYU. Candace is the sister I never had (though I do have terrific sisters in laws now!) and I am so glad we have stayed in touch over the years! We had a fantastic time! We stayed busy the whole trip. On Thursday we went to a park and then later that night we went swimming at the YMCA. On Friday Candace and I took the kids to the mall in the morning and then that night Candace and I along with a few other friends in her ward went to a women's conference where Julie Beck spoke. She is the leader of the women's organization called the Relief Society in the LDS church. She was very inspirational to listen to and I enjoyed it. Then Candace, her friend, Tiffany, and I went out to Chili's. (Nate and TC enjoyed a game night with some of Nate's friends from work at home). Saturday we went to a restaurant called, Kerby Lane, for breakfast. It was really good food. They had gingerbread pancakes that I really liked! That night we drove about an hour to go to a barbecue place that Nate really loves! It was good. They give you a bunch of meat on some paper along with bread and crackers. Sunday we went to church, went on a walk and enjoyed hanging out. Monday we went into Austin and saw some sites. We went to Mount Bonnell and another park after that which I can't remember the name right now. There were a lot of peacocks there though! Then we ate at a food trailer called, Torchey's (spelling?), drove around The University of Texas and went to a park. Tuesday we went to a sand park. Along with all those festivities we enjoyed hanging out and talking, getting frozen yogurt, eating Blue Bell ice cream (TC loves Blue Bell ice cream!), playing Kinect, playing games, doing puzzles with the kids, and watching Breaking Dawn. It was SO SO FUN! IT is also SO SO SAD that we probably won't see Candace and Nate and their kids for a couple of years! Sigh. Here are some pictures. Enjoy!
y


1 comments:
THANKS FOR POSTING ALL THE PICTURES! Sounds like you guys had a fabulous time.
Post a Comment