Clark update-25.5 months
So our little Clark is growing and changing so much lately! His vocabulary has grown leaps and bounds just over the past month. He talks in sentences now and will parrot almost anything you say. Clark has also become quite the climber lately! I think this is from gym class and the bounce houses we have taken him to. He almost climbed out of his crib this afternoon when I put him down for a nap which scares me. It may be time for a big boy bed soon. Savanna was about this age when we put her in a toddler bed. We also are starting to introduce Clark to the potty more and are putting him on the toilet to go to the bathroom a couple times a day. He has peed on the toilet a couple times. We will see how he does with that and maybe move on to actual potty training soon.
Clark recently has decided to HATE nursery and it is driving us a bit crazy! He loved to go for about 3 months and then in January they split the ward and he was moved to a different nursery and every since that we have struggled. He has gone from wanting us to stay but being able to sneak away at snack time to wanting us to stay the whole time to last week having a screaming melt down and not wanting to go at all! After he threw his fit while I held him we went though but he was not very happy about it. Anyway I've tried leaving him and he just screams so I feel bad for the leaders. Hopefully he gets over this soon. He seems like he is going through separation anxiety in general because he has started crying with baby sitters (unless they are family) and when we put him to bed sometimes. So many all of this will be resolved at the same time.
Other than that Clark is a fun, active little boy. He recently has been trying to do things himself a lot! He especially likes to dress himself. He cannot do it completely on his own but he is getting there. He gets mad when I try to help him though and always yells "My turn to do it!" He also tries to brush his teeth by himself but I tell him that I need a turn. Clark's favorite things still include his family, cars, and dogs. Clark has also loved being outside and asks frequently to go to the park or the playground.
I have trying to teach Clark his numbers, letters, colors, and shapes. I have to admit that it is harder to teach him than Savanna because he does not have the attention span that she did at his age. He can count to about 15 and recognizes some of his numbers. He is close to knowing all his colors and his shapes. His letters we still have a ways to go but no rush I guess!
We love our little Clark! I'll leave you with some funny/sweet things we have heard Clark say lately.
- "I do it myself!"
- "I getting bigger. I drive now!"
- "Crazy momma!"
- "I love you guys!"
- "Hi sweetie!" ( to my friend's daughter who we were watching yesterday who is 2 months younger than Clark.)
- "I funny."
- "I have owie. I need car band aid." (Over and over and over again. He does sometimes have owies but he also thinks the wrinkles in his knuckles are owies."
- "I need chocolate."
- "Daddy at work?" (Every morning lately when I get him up.)
- "Door broken. Daddy fix it." (He has realized that Daddy fixes mostly everything around here.)
- "Sign I love you!" (As he signs "I love you.")
- "Miss Nana."


1 comments:
What a cutie! It's so fun how much he talks now =)
Post a Comment