Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!

I hope all of you have a great Memorial Day weekend! We had a great time and enjoyed having Daddy home yesterday! On Sunday after church we went to the Hill Air Force Base to their air show. We were going to go on Saturday but the weather was awful. They had a lot of cool airplanes and helicopters. The kids have a fun time. Well Savanna loved it. Clark liked it ok but after awhile complained that the airplanes were too loud and were "scaring him a little bit." Then on the way out he said "I don't like airplanes."  Then we went to a friend's house for dinner. Monday we started the day off with some yard work, then we had a picnic by the lake. We went and saw Lorax in 3d, went to the aquarium and to the Outback where we had a gift card. We finished the day off with having a Family Home Evening where we talked about Memorial day and what it about and the people who have sacrificed for us so we could have our freedom. I actually got emotional yesterday because we drove past a cemetery when we were heading to the movies and there were a ton of cars there! I realized how many people in this country have lost loved ones in the war and it makes me sad. At the same time I am so grateful to those who have defended our country so that we can be free! God bless all of you and your families and God bless the USA!






0 comments: