Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Savanna Update- 4 years almost 8 months

Ok so I have a lot of updates and stuff to post about including our trip to Montana last week which was so fun but I don't have time to upload pictures right now so I thought I would just do some updates on the kids and get to the Montana trip hopefully later this week.
Oh how we love our Savanna! Savanna reminds me so much of me when I was a kid. She is very bossy, a bit shy (yes believe it or not I was shy as a child!), sentimental, girly and loves being with her extended family. She did not want to come back from Montana. She said she was really sad and kept asking on the drive home if we could go back. She has told me several times since we got back that she misses Grandma and Grandpa.
Savanna is loving the summertime. She loves to be outside, swim, go to the park and ride her bike. Savanna loves being a big sister to Clark and has been really into pretending lately. Yesterday her and Clark dressed up in my clothes pretending they were pirates and our bed was a pirate ship.
Savanna seems more and more grown up every day. She will be starting preschool in just a couple weeks. I can't believe it! She also is taking dance/gym in the fall. We are still working on reading. She knows all her sounds and can read some three letter words. We do fun workbooks for learning time that she enjoys.
Savanna has been a great helper lately and has been listening a lot better. I am reading a book called "123 Magic" and have been using it and it has totally been working.
I thought it would be fun since I haven't done it in awhile to record some of Savanna's favorite things and then of course I'll end with some recent funny quotes. We love you Savanna girl!

Favorite color: Blue (don't know whether this will ever change)
Favorite food: spaghetti, cheese
Favorite movie: Anything Disney
Favorite princess: Cinderella
Favorite Book: Scripture stories
Favorite place to go: Primary, library, pool, vacations
Favorite songs: A Whole New World-Aladdin, Forever-Chris Brown

Recent Quotes

  • (While on the phone with Grandma before the Montana trip) Savanna: "Do you know that we have to drive 10 hours to get to Montana?" Grandma: "Yes that is so far!" Savanna: "Yes but not as far as the pioneers had to go!" (Leave it to a four year to put things into perspective!)
  • (While April was taking pictures of her and Clark ) April: "What other pictures should we do? " Savanna: "Let's pretend I'm getting married and Clark is my prince."
  • "Mommy did you find yourself a husband?" Me: "Yes I did." Savanna: "Did you think he was handsome?" Me: "Yes I did. Will your husband be handsome? " Savanna: "Yes." Me: "What color hair will he have? " Savanna: "No hair." (Sweet-no hair like her Daddy!)
  • (When she came down one morning and I was doing my exercise video) "Mommy I don't like this video because those girls are wearing belly shirts. " (She has turned into the modesty police!)
  • " Mommy you are wearing a chest shirt. That's not modest."
  • "Mommy you are a beautiful girl!"
  • "Mommy I will never be a baby again. I will not grow back into a kid!"
  • "Mommy how far is Jerusalem from Utah?"
  • "I want to stay in Montana until Thanksgiving."


0 comments: