Ft. Lauderdale Temple Dedication!
Last weekend from May 2nd to May 5th we went to Florida for the Ft. Lauderdale temple dedication and celebration. We had a wonderful time and are so happy we were able to go! We got in late Friday night. Saturday we spent the day hanging out (it was a stormy day) and then went to a cultural celebration that night in honor of the Ft. Lauderdale temple put on both the youth in various stakes in the area. It was a great time and President Uchtdorf was there. There was dancing, singing and other tributes to the Saints in Florida and the history we have here. Then Saturday we were able to attend the temple dedication at 9 a.m. in the celestial room. What a wonderful experience that was! It was so neat to be in the temple with all my family there. President Uchtdorf was there presiding along with Elder Christofferson and Elder Rasband. I forgot my camera that day but my mom took pictures that she is supposed to be emailing me soon. The spirit in the temple was so strong! After Pres. Uchtdorf gave the dedicatory prayer I swear the room was brighter! The members here in South Florida have been hoping for a temple for a long time and I'm so excited for them to have one! We weren't able to do a session since the temple didn't open to the public until Tuesday but I look forward to attending the Ft. Lauderdale temple in the future. That afternoon the kids and TC went to the beach since it was so stormy the day before (I was going to go too but we couldn't find a parking space and then Linnea fell asleep in the car so I just dropped them off.) They had a fun time at the beach. Then we spent the rest of the day with my family enjoying pasta dinner and hanging out together. We left Monday morning. It was a quick but memorable trip! Here's some pictures!


0 comments:
Post a Comment