Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Clark Update-20 months

Little Clark is 20 months old today. He is closer to 2 than to 1. That's crazy. A few weeks ago someone mentioned that we are probably starting to think about potty training. And I was thinking "What? No he is so young!" But really we started thinking about potty training Savanna when she was 2 but she was completely potty trained when she was 2 and a half. I heard sometime it takes longer with boys so maybe we will wait a bit longer to worry about it... So Clark is doing well and is a lot of fun. His new favorite thing is to answer every question by shaking his head yes or no sometimes accompanied by actually saying the word. He also has started trying to say prayers and yells, "Amen!" at the end of every prayer (sometimes before it is actually over). The last couple of days too sometimes when I ask him a question he will respond with, "Of course!" I think that is hilarious. He loves to sing now and recently has started rocking me which is so adorable. He will come behind me, grab my shoulders and rock me back and forth while humming. (He learned this in music class but I rock him but guess he likes to return the favor). He is so affectionate and will come up to me give me kisses on the cheek or grab my hand and caress it on his face. Clark also loves to pretend he is sleeping and snoring which also cracks us up. He continues to learn new things and we can tell he is trying to say more that is in his head than we sometimes understand. For example, this morning Savanna started talking about when she saw the princesses at Disney World. Clark started saying, "Like this and made a kissing noise" It took me a couple of minutes but I realized that he was trying to tell me about how the princesses gave him kisses on his cheek at Disney World. His favorite things to say include: "Like this", "Like that", "Of course", cars, bus, please, cookie, juice, hi (to everyone he sees!) bye bye, mess,baby, dog, plane, bike, yuck etc. He will pretty much repeat anything you ask him to say even if it is not real clear. Clark has started to be a bit more sassy lately. He will stand up for himself more when Savanna is doing something he does not like. He will also show his displeasure by making a grunting voice and shaking his finger at you. He has thrown a couple temper tantrums since we got back from Florida because I have not given him his binky when he wanted it. (He was only using it at naps and at night before our trip but in Florida we were a bit more liberal with it and now he is more attached to it. Sigh. Before our trip there was even a couple of nights he did not ask for his pacifier so we did not give it to him and now it is hard to get him to leave it in his crib when he wakes up. One step forward two steps back I guess. Anyway, we sure love our Mr. Clark! He is growing up so fast! It is so fun to see him change and grow but sometimes I just want him to stay just like this forever!

0 comments: