Saturday, December 3, 2011

Thanksgiving Trip-Warning Picture Overload

So we had a great and exhausting Thanksgiving vacation. We packed in 5 days at Disney World and 4 days at my Grandpa's farm in Florida with my extended family. Overall, I think the trip was a success despite some stressful moments! (Disney World with little ones can be magical and a challenge at times!)I thought Savanna would love Disney World more than she did too. She loved the Princesses and Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain but she was scared of some of the rides. She asked TC several times, "Why are there bad people?" I also think she was tired with not getting naps and everything. There were times where she was asking to go back to the hotel. It was so nice to have our mom there with us to help and my dad, my brother, and my cousin went with us one day as well. Anyway, so we flew out last Monday the 21st on a 6 a.m. flight. Yeah, early. Anyway then Tuesday we went to Epcot. Savanna especially was really exhausted and she was absolutely refusing to go to the bathroom in the "toilets that flush all by themselves" as she calls it. We finally convinced her that we could cover the sensor and it would not flush while she was going to the bathroom and then she would go. However, that was after a very public tantrum where she was screaming, "I will not go pee pee in the toilets that flush all by themselves!" Sigh. Anyway after we decided we would call it a day but then she decided she wanted to see a bunch of characters which perked her up a bit and we were able to do a few more rides. The next day we went to Animal Kingdom and that day went much smoother. We planned it out the night before and the kids had a great time. I have never been to Animal Kingdom before this trip and I really liked it. Anyway after a packed day there we drove about 3 hours to my Grandpa's farm and stayed until Sunday. We had a fabulous time there. There were about 30 of us there and it was so nice to be with a lot of my family that I do not get to see very often. We enjoyed hanging out, talking, jumping on the hay bales, setting off fireworks, toasting s'mores, and of course eating turkey. I LOVE going to my grandpa's farm. It brings back such great memories of when I was a kid. I would spend so much time with my Nana and Grandpa growing up including a month every summer. So on Sunday we drove back to Disney World and went to a dinner show that night called the Hoopty Doo Review which was so fun. The next day we went to the Magic Kingdom, then Tuesday we went to Hollywood Studios and Wednesday the Magic Kingdom. Nana treated Savanna to a special lunch in Cinderella's castle with the princesses. It was a huge success. Anyway, we had a great trip! I LOVED IT! So glad we went. I would explain these pictures in greater detail but there is too many and it is too overwhelming. They are in order from the end of our trip to the beginning. Enjoy! i

3 comments:

Amy said...

I think it is great that you guys were able to take this trip, dispite the meltdowns and challenges! Savannah looks SO grown up and you look so great, Ashley!

Aleta said...

Looks like it was a fun trip!

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

SO FUN TO SEE ALL OF THE PICTURES!!