Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!

So we had a good Easter today despite being quite tired from our trip yesterday. The kids woke up and quickly looked at their Easter baskets and then we headed off to church. Church was great and I especially enjoyed singing "His Hands" in the ward choir. The choir director started crying at the beginning of the song and it was very touching but it made it hard to get through the song without getting emotional. Then after church the kids took some nice nap, then our friend, Kristine, came over. The kids hunted for easter eggs in the side yard and then we had a nice Easter feast. Afterwards we decorated easter eggs and we read President Monson's testimony of the resurrection and watched a Mormon message online about the atonement and resurrection. It was a really nice day. I was able to reflect some today on the miracle of the resurrection and the sacrifice my Savior made for me and for all of us. I am so grateful to Him. What a wonderful message the resurrection is! I am so grateful to know that death is not the end and we all can be together again as families and friends! I hope all of you had a wonderful Easter as well!

0 comments: