Clark update-26 months
Here is a belated update on Mr. Clark. Clark is growing up so much and he just cracks us up. He is a funny little boy and has such a fun personality. Clark's speech has taken off and really amazes us. He talks in full sentences now and expresses complete thoughts. He talks all day long. We love listening to his little voice (or as Savanna calls it "his little talk").
Clark continues to love his cars, trucks, boats, trains, etc. He loved his gym class which he just finished and is enjoying being outside at the park and the pool. He loves to "ride" a little tricycle my mom bought for Savanna when she was about his age but he doesn't use the pedals. He just pushes his feet against the ground and when we try to help him use the pedals he gets annoyed. Clark loves to try to play with TC's phone, chew gum, and get cookies whenever he can.
Clark recently learned all of his colors and can recognize some of his numbers and shapes. We are still working on him learning to recognize his letters. We recently have started introducing Clark to the potty more and got out a little potty for him. He has peed on it a few times but often just sits on it or doesn't want to sit on it at all. He is making some progress though and I am not in a real rush to potty train. I would like him to be potty trained by 2 and a half like Savanna but I'm not going to push it if he doesn't seem ready. I have heard that boys often take longer to potty train than girls. Clark continues to want to do things himself. He recently has learned how to dress and undress himself (depending on the clothes. He can't get tight shirts or pants on as well.) He always wants to dress himself, brush his teeth himself (we brush them after though. He doesn't do a great job), get things for himself, etc.
Clark has a sweet personality and is very affectionate like Savanna. He is always willing to give me hugs and kisses. Clark adores Savanna and always want to do things just like her and wonders where she is if she ever does anything without him. Clark has been struggling with some separation anxiety lately but seems to be doing better the last couple weeks. Nursery was a complete disaster for a few months but the last couple weeks we have been able to leave him after staying with him for a few minutes so hopefully he will get more and more comfortable.
We love our Clark. Since Clark is talking so much I'm trying to keep track of all the cute and funny things he says as well so here are some recent quotes of his as well.
- (After getting him up one morning) "I missed my mommy in my bed."
- "Don't take that from me Savanna. It makes me sad."
- "Mommy I need privacy!" (As he closed the door while he was changing.)
- "Mommy my face is irritated."
- "Poop get out! It's a big one and really hard."
- "Savanna not daddy's girl! Savanna mommy's girl!"
- "You ok Mommy? You sad mommy?"
- "Sorry mom." (Every time I hit my elbow, stub my toe or anything. It's cute.)
- " Hi baby!" (Any baby he sees. He loves babies.)
- (In the waiting room while Savanna was doing her gym class. This was so funny to me! He was watching a mom change her baby daughter's diaper on her lap and this is what he said.) " Mommy she change baby's diaper. Mommy her private parts not the same as me." (By the way everyone heard him say this and just had to laugh!)
- Me: "You want Mommy to have another baby sometime since you love babies so much?" Clark: No mommy not have a baby. Daddy have a baby."
- "I was brave." (When I've gotten him out of his bed in the morning. I think he means he is brave when he doesn't cry.)
- "Clark a boy. Savanna a girl."
- Me: "Clark what's your name?" Clark: "Thomas Perry."
We LOVE this little boy!


0 comments:
Post a Comment