Saturday, June 30, 2012

Rest in Peace Aunt Myra!

My Aunt Myra (my mom's sister) passed away this past early Wednesday morning after a battle with lung cancer. She will be missed! It is especially sad since our family was going to go out in July to see her in New Jersey because the doctors told my mom she had 6 months or less before they expected her to pass away and then she declined very quickly. She passed away a little over a week after my mom told me she had about 6 months left. The last time I saw her was Christmas of 2008 so I really wish that I was able to see her more recently. I guess I can't focus on regrets though!
I have a lot of fun memories of Aunt Myra over the years. She had a really great sense of humor and always made us all crack up. She also would get riled up and had a bit of temper but this often made her more hilarious. I remember her cursing at our phone one time while she was visiting us in Florida because she couldn't figure out how to pick it up. Watch out when you were on the road with her too! She loved her cats and would sign their names on her Christmas card. The year one of her cats died she crossed the cat's name off on her Christmas card when it was sent which we found very funny. The last Christmas I was with her (we spent it in Utah) whenever people were arguing or things weren't going well she would say, "Oh let me go home to my cats."
Aunt Myra had a big heart. She was a nurse and cared a lot about others. She always remembered to send us birthday and anniversary cards. She got  Savanna a subscription to Highlight magazine this year. It will be a little weird to still get the issues after she has passed.
We love you Aunt Myra and we will miss you!!

0 comments: