Thursday, June 14, 2012

Savanna Update-Almost 4.5 years

I really can't believe Savanna is almost 4 and a half. Sorry my camera is having issues so I no pictures for right now. I need to get it fixed. She'll be starting preschool in the fall and next year kindergarten and then life changes forever. Sigh. It's always bitter sweet for me to see my children grow up.  Savanna is doing well. The last couple weeks she has been a bit more sassy and emotional though. We think it may be because she has been staying up too late at night because she is still taking naps. She was taking them inconsistently before our Florida trip but now she is taking them almost every day but has been staying up some days until 11-11:30 at night. Then she will wake up at the same time and make up for it by trying to take a 3 hour long nap. She stays in her room and just reads her books at night but that is too late for her to be up. So the last couple days we have not been letting her nap for more than 1.5 hours and that seems to be making a difference. I figure she will be giving up her naps eventually. I am lucky she still naps but if she is staying up late than she should probably stop taking them completely soon.
Anyway that was a bit of a tangent. So the past six months Savanna has grown and become more independent. She likes to be the one to pick our her clothes to wear every day and she usually does a pretty good job with matching. We are working on teaching her how to wash herself well and wipe her own bum well-lol. She is taking swim lessons right now with a little friend of hers and loves it! I am really hoping she will be swimming by the end of the summer so we will see how that goes. Savanna can now write all her letters and is learning how to read small words. She can count to about 40, recognizes all her numbers, shapes, colors, etc. She has known these things for a long time.Savanna finished up her gym class this past June for the summer. She really loved gym and progressed a lot this year. She will be doing a dance/gym class in the fall.
Savanna continues to love princesses, playing with her little microscopic toys, reading, watching movies, dancing, swimming, going to the park, riding her bike, playing games, jumping, and telling her little brother what to do. She also loves to play with her friends and eat treats. Recently she has been a little resistant to our "learning time" that we do so I have been letting her play some educational games on the computer and she has been enjoying that as well. Savanna loves going to church and absolutely adores her primary teachers right now!
Savanna has a sweet temperament and we are always impressed with how much she cares for others. She will make pictures for her friends and her primary teacher and deliver it to their house. If she ever thinks I look sad or frustrated she will ask me what's wrong. Our good friends little girl recently was very sick and she would ask about her almost every day. She is very attentive to Clark and be very helpful with him. She is very affectionate. She always gives me hugs, compliments and kisses my hand. We love our Savanna and are so glad she is a part of our family! I will of course leave you with some of her recent quotes. Enjoy!

  • "Mommy maybe when I give my primary teacher her picture she will cry with happiness."
  • "Can we skype with my primary teacher?"
  • "I was not modest last night when I was sleeping." (She wore a tank top to bed that night-lol.)
  • "Mommy why is it ok to not be modest while we swim?"
  • "Clark is a disaster!" (One day when he was whining.)
  • "Clark is attached to me isn't he?"
  • "Mommy your boobs look bigger."
  • "Mommy I have a little chest."
  • "I love my primary teacher. I just love her."
  • "Clark only girls have babies. One day I will have a baby."
  • "Mommy if you cry when I grow up I will just keep growing up. If you don't cry I will stay little."
  • "Why did I come down from heaven?"

0 comments: