October 1st!
So many of you are probably wondering what is so significant about October 1st? Am I missing some important holiday? No, it is just an ordinary day for many but not for me! For me it is the start of my three most favorite months of the year-October, November, and December! I just finished putting up my fall decorations and I am already feeling the excitement of the holiday season! I am always excited and very cheery on October 1st because of all there is to anticipate over the next few months! Here are a few of the reasons why I love these three months!!
1. Fall!-That is obvious enough. I love the change of the leaves, the smell in the air and the cool weather. I love everything about fall and am looking forward to the weather getting cooler!
7. Christmas!-Of course this is obvious, most people love Christmas. I love everything about it. The music, the decorations, the shopping, the time with friends and family, the caroling, and the chance to reflect on the birth of the Savior.
8. The New Year-Although I am always a bit sad when December comes to a close, I am grateful for the opportunity to start a new year. It is always beneficial to review the past year and also look to the future. Also, American Idol starts in January...and you all know that makes me happy!


6 comments:
:) Starting about 2 weeks ago, Nate would look at me, sigh, and say "I just LOVE the holidays!" Yes, he was poking fun at you. LOL. :) I like this time of year too.
Ok, kind of scary how similar we are Ashley! I'm the same way about October 1st and these next 3 months are my favorite of the year too. October 1st is when I make my first batch of pumpkin bread to kick off the season. Plus orange is my favorite color..... Sure we're not related somehow???? :) No wonder I liked you so much when we met this summer! :) Wait - does that make me conceited?!
And PS: Check out the new blog colors and pictures that I put up on Oct 1st! Haha!
Ashley,
I feel exactly the same way that you do about this time of year. I sure miss visiting teaching with you and just getting to chat with you. I hope you are doing well. Post more pictures of your little Savannah. She is so adorable. I cant believe she is almost one. Oh the time goes by so fast. We love you guys.
Ashley,
I feel exactly the same way that you do about this time of year. I sure miss visiting teaching with you and just getting to chat with you. I hope you are doing well. Post more pictures of your little Savannah. She is so adorable. I cant believe she is almost one. Oh the time goes by so fast. We love you guys.
Post a Comment