Let's talk American Idol!
So all you American Idol fans out there what did you think of the finale? First of all, I could have done without the bikini dance from Katrina and Kara. Secondly, I have again been let down in the finale two years in a row when my favorite has NOT won! Most of you know that I was very angry after David Archuleta did not take the title last year. This year was not quite as big of a blow but it still was disappointing! Adam was my favorite from the beginning-his voice is incredible, he is super original, and his stage presence is unreal! At the beginning I would forget who Kris was! Granted, he did get better and I think he is talented but to me he does not measure up to Adam! Even most of the people who voted for Kris said that they thought Adam was a better singer but they liked Kris better! But isn't the best singer supposed to win American Idol? Maybe not, I don't know. I'm beginning to think it definetely is a popularity contest! I don't use my blog for a soapbox very often but I just can't resist this time. Congratulations, Kris! You did win American Idol and I should not begrudge you that. But in my mind, Adam is the American Idol same as David Archuleta was last year. Maybe next year America will get it right! What did you all think? Who did you think would win and were you happy with the results?


4 comments:
Okay, I wasn't going to say anything, but since you asked for opinions I will admit that I called in for Kris about 15 times last night. Sorry Ashley! I didn't know I would be upsetting you, I just honestly would way rather listen to a CD of Kris, than Adam. I thought Adam's screamy high note thing was kind of cool the first time I heard it, but I never want to hear it again. I must give Adam props because he definitely had unreal stage presence, a very big singing range, a starlike quality and it was fun to watch him because you had no idea what he was going to pull out. If I went to go watch a play I think Adam would have definitely done a better job than Kris, but I pick Kris for American Idol by miles. Honestly I thought Danny Gokey had the best voice out of everyone, but I thought Kris had awesome musicianship and that his ability to connect with the audience was way more powerful than Adam. I think that is why he won. I also think people liked him because he was unexperienced, as opposed to Adam's theater background. He made people feel like you didn't have to be some crazy, standout person, just an average guy with a great voice to be the American Idol. Sorry that was such an intense answer, I didn't mean to rub salt in the wound, I was just a huge Kris fan from the beginning and had to explain.
It's definitely always been a popularity contest.
I don't watch American Idol, but Nate's coworker knows Kris. So that's cool.
I think it came out right!! I couldn't stand Adam, Sorry!
I do think Adam was very talented.
So was Kris and Danny.
I love the clarity and pureness of Kris's voice, so I was always hoping he would win. It was like watching a star being born. From a meek beginning to a more confident singer in the end. He grew and blossomed.
I think Adam was very good from the
start but I didn't see him grow like Kris did.
Hence my favorite won, and I am HAPPY!
Post a Comment