Thursday, May 21, 2009

Savanna Update

I just can't resist giving an update of our cute, little girl! Savanna is growing up so fast. She will be 17 months tomorrow. What has she been up to lately? Well, first of all she it talking up a storm! I can't even name all the words she says. This past week she has learned how to say wallet and glasses. She now practically runs around the house and is learning how to climb down stairs. She dances, laughs, smiles and fills our days with happiness! Knock on wood, her throwing of food and hitting has diminished at the moment so she has not been in time out for awhile. Has she learned from our wonderful discipline methods or is she just trying to come up with a new way to act out? Who knows! Here are some of Savanna's favorite things and activities:
1. Doggies-Savanna is loving dogs and gets excited every time she sees one in a picture, in real life, anywhere! She will excitedly yell, "Doggie, doggie, doggie!" It is so cute. TC's sister, April, has a dog and she loves seeing her. This past week she spents almost an half an hour feeding Cricket her dog food. TC cut out a bunch of dogs out of magazines and is planning on making a book for her.
2. Babies-Savanna is loving little babies. She will turn around in church and say baby over and over again. She even calls one year olds babies! (But I guess since most of them are a lot smaller than her she thinks they are babies). We got her a little baby and a baby stroller for a early 18 month present (we decided to get her just a couple of toys at her half birthday since she gets Christmas and her birthday all at once). Anyway, she loves her baby. She pushes her around the house and puts her in and out of her stroller. The baby has a hat though and Savanna becomes scared of her when her hat is off. It is pretty funny-she will run away and whine. I guess all of a sudden when baby's hat comes off she turns into a little alien!
3. Books-Savanna loves having books read to her. She often wants us to read the same books over and over again. The other day I read one of her favorites by Dr. Seuss called "It's Not Easy Being Big" 8 times. We will read it once and Savanna will hand it back to me and sign "again". It is so cute, I just can't resist. Another of her favorite books is "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and has pictures of Jesus. It is so cool to hear her say Jesus with a respectful voice.
4. Blocks-Savanna loves stacking her blocks everyday. She always wants TC and I to watch her and help her make towers.
5. Balls-Savanna loves going outside and bouncing balls around. She has two bigger bouncy balls and then two smaller ones we won for her at the game center. She always says ball whenever she sees one and she also says the same thing when she sees balloons.
6. Flashcards-We have several different sets of flashcards that we read to Savanna to help her learn about different things including:instruments, animals, numbers, etc. Savanna loves looking at her flashcards! She will go to the drawer where they are kept and say "flashcards" and ask to get them out. She can even identify most of them when we ask her what they are. She has learned how to say- beetle, bumblebee, bladder (I know a weird one-they are pre made flashcards and one set is "body parts"), and guitar. It is so fun to watch Savanna love learning!
7. Playing outside-Savanna loves being outside whenever possible. She loves sitting in the grass, running around, playing at the park, going for walks,etc. Almost everyday, if I have not initiated going outside she will point to the door and grab her shoes.
8. Helping Mommy and Daddy-Savanna has become quite the little helper or at least she tries to be! If she finishes her food before us at dinnertime, she tries to sit on our lap and feed us our food and drink and wipe our face with a napkin. It is really cute! She also loves to brush my hair in the morning and help fold her laundry. Seriously, she loves laundry. I do laundry on Tuesdays and I fold all of it during her nap except for her clothes. She excitedly points to the dryer when she wakes up and tries to carry the hamper up the stairs. Of course, she sometimes gets bored helping and resorts to removing all of her clean clothes out of the drawers! She also tries to help with the dishes, puts the placemats on the table for dinner and has become much better about picking up her toys!
Anyway, I could go on and on but I will go for now. We love Savanna and are so happy to have her in our lives!

Savanna in one of her new night gowns that Nana sent!

Playing outside

I love spaghetti!! Fun at the Park
I decided to invite my friend, Elle, over for dinner. Mommy and Daddy didn't mind.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

So adorable!!

Klin said...

Dr Seuss' ABC's book was read so often that at one point we had it memorized. I couldn't resist either :)

Katie Smith said...

She is such a cute girl! I absolutely love the age she's at. It's so cute to hear your little baby learn how to talk and to hear their tiny voice say words. So fun!

Sorry you were disappointed with American Idol. I was only half invested this year so I didn't really care who won. However, I did expect Adam to win, and I do think it's turned into more of a popularity contest than it should be...it's a talent contest people! The best singer should most definitely win.

Clore said...

Man it was great to teach Justin to talk too, now i can't get him to stop :-)

Youngberg Family said...

Oh man, Savanna is growing up! I love the picture of her eating spaghetti! Sooo cute! I can't wait to see you guys this summer. It will be so fun to see the cousins playing together.

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

It was fun to hear about all the things that Savanna likes and is doing. She is sure growing up. She
is such a cutie!!!