Thursday, September 23, 2010

Couponing Tips

So I have decided that I am a terrible couponer (is that a word?) but I actually want to come up with some system that I enjoy and is fairly simple and quick. I have tried to coupon to a certain extent and end up feeling discouraged and quitting which then makes me more discouraged because I'm the type of person that hates quitting when I feel it is something worthwhile. Anyway, I decided a couple months ago that I wanted to get back into it and one night went to an enrichment where this girl from our ward presented her couponing tips. I must admit that I left feeling quite overwhelmed. She came in with this GIGANTIC three ring binder that looked like it contained all of her paperwork and certificates from kindergarten through to high school graduation. She related that this was months of coupons from newspapers, magazines, etc. I then couldn't help myself and asked her how much time she spent per week on her coupon hobby and she said 3-4 hours. 3-4 hours! I'm sorry but I'm just not that into it. I love this girl in our ward-don't get me wrong, she is awesome. She saves her family several hundred dollars a month but I just know that I do not love couponing enough to spend that much time on it. We all have our things that we love to do but that is not one of them for me. Anyway, moral of the story is: I want some ideas and advice from you couponers out there for the best system that has worked for you. I am looking for something simple and not very time consuming. I apologize as well for those of you that have already shared your ideas with me in person or on the phone but I would appreciate them in writing because then I can remember them better. And my husband is so into coupons so I know I am just looking hotter to him right now if he is reading this-I have to admit that is my main motivation for this post! (hehee-just kidding).

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I like the way this lady coupons,.. there is no clipping unless you need THAT coupon,.. she tells you how to do it,.. the best way to organize it,.. it's pretty easy. http://www.couponingforautism.com/

Marisha & Forrest said...

I had no idea that couponing was such a thing or such an art...

Grace said...

I do the grocerygame.com. It's not too hard. I usually spend 30-45 min. on Sunday, making my menu and clipping the coupons I need.