Saturday, September 4, 2010

ER Visit

So we had a bit of a scary night on Sunday. Our day was totally fine, went to church, had my brother over for dinner. An hour before Clark went to bed he sounded like maybe he was getting a little cold but I did not think much of it. At one in the morning he woke up crying and he did not sound right. He was hoarse and was struggling to breathe. I called our doctor's office and the lady on call listened to him and said he did not sound right to her either and to go ahead and take him into the emergency room. So we headed out to the emergency room. TC's sister, April, drove over to stay while Savanna was sleeping. So when we got there they determined what I suspected was the problem. He had croup. They gave him a breathing treatment and a steroid to open up his throat. By the next morning he was doing much better. He no longer sounds like he has croup but he has a lot of boogers and a little cough. Savanna of course caught the cold and got another ear infection (and yes we scheduled tubes for her on September 27th). Our poor little kids! It's been a bit of a bummer week because we have canceled our play dates, etc to avoid getting other kids sick. I am a bit nervous about the fall coming up and keeping them as healthy as possible. Does anyone have any ideas for preventive stuff (besides flu shots and everything)? Savanna usually only gets mild colds but she gets a lot of them! Anything to decrease the frequency woud be nice. Of course this time Clark brought it in and we do not know who he got it from. He was not around anyone who was sick except there was a little girl hacking away in Sunday School on Sunday but I would not think he could have caught something that quick. Anyway, hopefully they will get better soon and stay healthy for awhile.

1 comments:

Kathlen said...

Poor Kids!! Hate Croup, it sounds so bad. I worried about my kids when they had it!! Praying that they get better soon!!