Anniversary Date
So TC and I finally got away and did our anniversary date. Thanks so much to Kristine and April for working in shifts and watching the kids for us! It was great to get away and spend quality time alone with each other. We started off Saturday by participating in the Race for the Cure (Oh did I mention TC does not work Saturdays anymore? Yeah!). We took the kids along with us and had a fun time (Thank you to my friend ,Ashley, for letting us borrow your two person jogging stroller!). I was hoping to be able to jog but there was so many people and they were all walking that I was only able to jog a very little bit of it (like less than a mile). Oh well it was still fun. It took us about one hour and twelve minutes to finish ( I better make better time when I do my half marathon!). Anyway, then we hurried and took Savanna to her gym class. We got back and then left for our date around 2 p.m. We went straight to the Salt Lake temple and did sealings. It was really nice to go there again and seeing all the brides really brought me back to when TC and I got married especially since it was around the same time of year. After we did sealings we walked around the temple grounds for a bit and then headed to the Olive Garden for dinner. Yummy-I love the Olive Garden! We dropped by Smith's and got some snacks for the evening and then headed to the Anniversary Inn. We enjoyed a nice, relaxing evening together. I love the Anniversary Inn. For those of you who have not heard of it all of the rooms are themed and are pretty awesome. It is such a fun place. We stayed in the lighthouse room. Our bed was round and inside a light house and there was an aquarium above it. The aquarium was cool but not quite as awesome as I was expecting. I thought it would be bigger and have more fish. There were only like 6 fish in it. Anyway, and the shower and bath tub are pretty cool as well. The shower comes out of a clam. Anyway, it was nice to get away for a bit though it was great to get back to the kids. We've only been away from the kids over night a few times and it is hard for me to think of leaving them for a longer period of time. However, we do want to go on a cruise sometime! Well here are some pictures from our date.


1 comments:
Yay! Sounds like you guys had a good time! Our 1st anniversary we did a session at the Salt Lake temple and I remember how neat it was seeing all of the brides there.
So a couple of weeks ago when we went to the Anniversary Inn we decided to walk down to Trolley Square to eat dinner and then on the way back Bryan suggested that we go to Smith's to get a redbox. We ended up walking up and down a couple of streets and couldn't find it. We found it on the way out the next day...like right across the street from Trolley Square! Apparently you didn't have a hard time finding it :) So I guess the aquarium wasn't too loud for you to sleep? Would you stay in that room again or would you recommend it?
Post a Comment