Happy Mother's Day!
Ok so here is a belated Happy Mother's Day wish to all those wonderful mothers out there that I know: my own wonderful mother, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-law, Kristin, TC's gradmother, and many wonderful friends. I also can't help but think of my grandma and Nana on Mother's Day and miss them. (My grandma died when I was 7 and my Nana died in 2004. I was extremely close to both of them). I had a great Mother's Day. We got back from our date Sunday morning and TC's sister, April, surprised me by having the kids all bathed and ready for church. She also had them decorate plates for me with their hand prints. So sweet! My friend wanted to make matching skirts for Savanna and I to wear to church so we wore them. Funny story about my skirt though. When I was putting it on at the Anniversary Inn Sunday morning the elastic pulled out or something and it would not stay on at all. Of course me with my extensive sewing skills was able to fix it without a hitch. Ha Ha, just kidding. I called my friend and told her what happened. She had worked hard to have them finished by Mother's Day and I did not want her to think that I did not want to wear them. Anyway, by the time we got back it was 12:30 and church started at 1 and I had to be there early to play the organ so I knew I did not have time to go over to my friend's house to have her fix it. Anyway, April told me she could pin the skirt for me with a safety pin and it should stay up. That seemed like it would work fine. It did until I stood up to play the intermediate hymn. I felt the pin opened up and uncomfortably poke into my side. My face got hot as I held up my skirt with my hands. All I could think of the whole time I was playing is, "This skirt better not fall down when I'm getting off the organ!" Anyway, I managed to keep it up and I sat down and immediately turned around and motioned to my friend who made it to follow me out into the hall. Anyway, we ran into the nearby mother's lounge and she was able to pin the elastic for me securely. She told me that she didn't notice I was holding up my skirt when I was walking too and from the organ. Thank goodness! Hopefully no one else did either. Anyway, after church TC and Savanna were sweet enough to make dinner for me-chicken lasagna at my request. Then we were able to talk to my brother, Jonathan, who is on a mission to Canada. It was good to talk to him. He comes home in about 4 months! Crazy that it has been almost 2 years! Then we were able to chat with TC's mom and sister as well. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a mother. I honestly think that being a mother is the hardest thing I have ever done but it is the most rewarding and wonderful thing I've ever experienced as well. I love my sweet little ones, Savanna and Clark! They fill my days with chaos yes but also love, happiness, and smiles. I'm so grateful to be their mommy! I'm also so grateful for my mother and all she has done for me. One thing I remember about my mom is she always put my brothers and I first in her life. She was always there when we needed her. Even now when call her (which is almost every day) she is always there. Even if she can't talk she will answer the phone in a hurried voice and say, "Can I call you back? Or do you really need me?" She answers just in case I really need her because I know that I am a priority in her life. She is really good at giving advice and giving me a different perspective on a problem. She is a great example of someone who lives the Gospel and is always performing service for others. I remember growing up she would always welcome so many people into our home for dinner and even if they needed a place to stay. I'm also grateful to my mother-in-law for raising such a wonderful son. She is so easy to talk to and made me feel like I was a part of the family from the very beginning. She is very laid back, low key, and always ready for a good laugh. She also is really great at giving advice on random stuff. She knows the answers to lots of things from "Can I keep the rice cooker on when I go out or will the house catch on fire?" to " Why is Savanna throwing a tantrum right now?" Anyway, I love this quote about mothers and though I would share to close my post,
- "You are doing God's work. You are doing it wonderfully well. He is blessing you, and He will bless you, --even--no, -especially--when your days and your nights may be most challenging. Like the woman who anonymously, meekly, perhaps even with hesitation and some embarrassment, fought her way through the crowd just to touch the hem of the Master's garment, so Christ will say to the women who worry and wonder and weep over their responsibility as mothers, `Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole.' And it will make your children whole as well."


4 comments:
I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day Ashley! That was a funny story about your skirt. I can almost picture your face in sacrament meeting. :)
Agh! I'm glad you caught your skirt before it fell down! That would have been so embarrassing!
So was the chicken lasagna a recipe I'm familiar with? ;)
AHH!! That was such a sweet post. Thanks so much for the kind words Ashley!
So I'm not sure what happen. Several of you made nice comments on this post and the anniversary post and they got deleted. I really do not know how. But thanks for the comments!
Post a Comment