Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Savanna Update-3 years 5 months

So thought I'd do an update on our sweet little Savanna. Savanna is as fun as ever and seems to get more grown up everyday! I really love having a little girl. She keeps us laughing. She has been a really good big sister this month especially with Clark being sick this past week and much more fussy. She was very understanding and did not let it bug her too much. Savanna was also sick last weekend with croup. Her breathing sounded weird on Sunday and I took her into the ER and they had to give her a breathing treatment and a steroid. The next day she was completely fine. Now I'm recovering from a cold. Fun stuff. Anyway, but back to Savanna. Here is some fun information about Savanna right now.

  • Still loves puzzles
  • Has really gotten into playing with her doll house lately
  • Still LOVES Cinderella
  • Now loves to play dominoes
  • LOVES to go to birthday parties (Seriously I thought she was going to have to miss a birthday party on Friday since Clark was sick and she was so sad. It turned out TC was able to leave work early and stayed with Clark.)
  • Loves primary
  • Loves gym class
  • Loves playing outside
  • Loves to help with yard work and gardening
  • Loves to pick daffodils
I have also started doing "learning time" with the kids before naps. Clark lasts for about 5 minutes and then I put him down to sleep. Then I spend some more time with Savanna. She is learning how to write her letters and read some words. Funny Quotes recently said by Savanna
  • Me:"Who are you talking to on the phone Savanna?" (she was pretending) Savanna:"Cinderella. She is my friend."
  • Me: "Oh Clark stop crying. I'm tired of hearing you cry." (he was a lot fussier these last few days with this virus. He ran a fever for over 2 days.) Savanna:"Mommy, it sounds better if you say, "Clark please don't cry."
  • Savanna often calls me "Mommy girl!" and TC "Daddy boy!"
  • She will wear mismatched socks like TC's sister, Marisha, wears them and will say, "I'm wearing my socks like Marisha."
  • "I get to watch a movie because I was so good today." (she came up with this reward herself and it does not usually happen)
  • "I'm so pretty!"
  • "Mommy, daddy's belly is smaller because he is on a diet."
  • "This is my baby, Mommy. It came out of my tummy and then I put it in a blanket." (FYI her baby is a piece of fabric)
  • "Clark you will not get Mommy's milk much longer!" (Lol-yeah she probably heard that quoted directly from me)
  • In the bath Savanna pointed to her whole body Savanna: "This is my whole body." Me:"Yes you have a body because of Jesus. He died for all of us so we could come down and get bodies. Before when we were in heaven we did not have bodies." Savanna: "Yeah, what a nice Jesus."
We love you Savanna girl!!!!

1 comments:

Marisha & Forrest said...

Savanna is such a doll! Haha, the mismatched sock thing is still happening, AWESOME! I love you guys! =)