A Day at the Pool with Clark
So yesterday some friends and I went to the pool. It is a small, shallow pool which must have given Clark more permission to himself to go crazy! When we first got there I turned my back and was putting some sunscreen on and I turned around and Clark was already in the pool sitting down playing. Then once I got into the pool he decided he wanted to play the game of getting in and out of the pool over and over again and running to the grass. This made me a bit nervous because he could fall on the cement and it was also exhausting me. So I decided to attempt to talk to my friends while I walked around with him in the pool. He thought this was fun for awhile but then decided he just wanted to hold my finger and run around in circles over and over again laughing hysterically. Sometime during this time he also fell face first in the water a couple of times and swallowed some pool water. After a bit Savanna decided she wanted a snack. (I believe this was after she leaned on the handles of the stroller and tipped herself over face first. She was ok luckily.) Clark of course saw the food and had to have it but did not understand that he could not swim while eating his snacks. He repeatedly tried to get in the pool with a vanilla wafer in his mouth while holding one or two in his hands. After he tired of this game he decided to visit a baby in a car seat while bending down and looking at her, saying hi and tickling her feet. Then he tried to steal a few other toys that were laying around the pool and threw them in the water over and over again. Finally I was exhausted, Savanna was cold and we decided to head home. I love that little Clark and glad he had a good time but he wears me out! I didn't get to talk to my friends as much as I would have liked to either. (I never understood before I had kids why moms could never finish a conversation without interrupting themselves multiple times. Now I get it). Anyway, the joys of motherhood! Oh and did I tell you that Clark throws temper tantrums occasionally now? Oh yeah, throws himself on the floor, dramatic screaming, the whole she bang! I thought that 14 months was too young for that but I guess not. Yesterday he threw a fit because he wanted his binky in his crib and we wouldn't give it to him. (We are trying to only give it to him while he sleeps) and then this morning he threw a fit because he didn't want his diaper changed. He is a little fireball! We love him though. He is really funny but Savanna's personality definitely did not prepare me for a lot of his behavior but I love how each of them is so unique!


1 comments:
He is very precocious. He is a joy to watch. You are handling him fine, but it does seem that you don't get to visit much chasing Clark around. He had you hopping tonight, for sure.
Post a Comment