Weaning Woes (Warning: This may be too much information for some!)
So as of Saturday I had only been breastfeeding Clark once a day in the morning for at least a week and a half and was planning on weaning him completely shortly. Well Saturday morning he woke up and it was the first time he did not expect to be breastfed right away so I decided that it was time to be done. A little part of me is sad but it definetely feels like it is the right time. Clark has not even asked to be breast fed since then and he is taking milk now. Unfortunately for me I've had some issues. Mostly just that yesterday and today I feel like I'm PMSING! I'm feeling very irritable and emotional. I can't remember the last time I felt this irritable. And of course my boobs feel hard as rocks and I'm uncomfortable. How long does it take after you stop breastfeeding to dry up? My experience with Savanna was very different. The last time I fed Clark was Friday morning! Help!


2 comments:
Okay, it sounds weird but it will help. Buy some cabbage and make sure it's cold, wash a few leaves and cover your boobs in them for like 20 minutes. It decreases milk supply and feels good when you're that hard. Pumping a little might help too to get rid of some of the milk, but it also tells your body to produce more, so that's tough. Do what you can now so you don't end up with an infection or anything like that. Leleche might have some answers too. Good luck!
My experience is very different too so I don't have advice. But I am sorry and hope it's better soon!
Post a Comment