December Highlights
So we have had a crazy December and I'm just getting around to updating. We have had a lot of fun this month spending time with our family and enjoying the Christmas season. Besides spending the first couple weeks of December getting our Christmas tree and decorations up, getting our Christmas cards out and enjoying other holiday parties and festivities here are the other highlights of the month.
TC'S LITTLE SISTER,MARISHA GOT MARRIED!
We are so excited for the happy couple, Marisha and Forrest, who were sealed for time and all eternity in the Columbia River Temple on December 18th, 2010. We were so happy we were able to go out to Washington and join in the celebration. It was a wonderful time and Marisha was a beautiful bride. She was so calm as well. Much calmer than I was (but maybe that had something to do with the fact that TC could not find his live temple recommend the morning we were getting married and our Bishop was out of the state at a seminar. Thank goodness he answered the phone in between his classes and told them to let us into the temple). Anyway the day was complete with a sealing, a wedding luncheon at Famous Dave's and a beautiful wedding reception (which ended perfectly with all of us dancing to "Forever" by Chris Brown. Classic). Well here are some pictures from the big day.
Well this was actually a day or two after. Three generations: See the similarities?
SAVANNA TURNED 3!!
Savanna turned 3 on December 22nd and we had a great day as a family. She chose to go to Jump On It and we had a great time together as a family. That evening we opened presents and ate cake. Her big present for her birthday was a little one person trampoline. She is loving all her birthday and Christmas presents. She does get hooked up at the end of the year but then doesn't get much of anything for the rest of the year. I cannot believe our little girl is 3. We just finished her annual birthday video (a slide show with pictures and music of this past year. We have a goal to create one of these videos for each of our children every year until they are 18. We will see how that goes) and I get teary eyed through the whole thing. Time really does fly but it is such a blessing to be a mother and watch my children learn and grow. Savanna is such a joy and is getting more and more funny every day. We love our "Big" girl Savanna! Savanna is looking forward to her Princess party this weekend with her friends. (Stay tuned for pictures later).
CHRISTMAS!
We had a fun Christmas this year though I'm sorry to report that we still managed to catch the stomach flu though at least it was the week after Christmas and it was much milder than last year (except for my poor mother who ended up having to go the the ER one night because she was dehydrated). Anyway, we spent about a week and half with my family in my parent's house that they have out here. It was nice to relax and enjoy each other's company. Despite the sickness we did go bowling a couple times, see a movie, miniature golf, go out to eat a few times, go on a boat ride on the river and see some holiday lights and go on a drive seeing some lights as well. Anyway, here are some pictures of our Christmas as well. Now we are back to the grind of normal life. I have to be honest January is always a bit of a let down for me because I love the holidays so much and then Bam just like that they are over. Family goes home and TC starts working again more after his paid holidays. I am a sentimental sap. Thank goodness American Idol starts in a few weeks which should help to boost my spirits!(though I really don't have time to watch tv. I know I say that every year and I still manage to stay up late or squeeze it in when I'm exercising or something). Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season and a Happy New Year!
My cousin's daughter, Jaslyn in her new hat and scarf.
My parents opening a very cool picture that Debbie made for them.
Eating sugar cookies




5 comments:
You guys were busy. Happy Birthday Savanna and Merry Christmas to all of you. I loved the Christmas card. Maybe next year I'll get around to doing one.
Oh man, what fun pictures! Thanks for sharing Ashley! I love how my dad is wearing his usual while shoveling snow - pajama pants. And was that wedding cake you used for her Bday? That stuff was so good! Have fun at Savanna's princess party!
Clark looks so much like TC!!!!!
Looks like so much fun. I was in your neighborhood-ish area but it was late and my mom was wanting to get home. I keep thinking I need to come visit you and watch your cute kids play while we catch up. Dang work schedule.
Loved the pics. I wish I would have known you were in town . . . oh, well . . . I'm sure family time kept you very busy. Congrats on your sister's wedding. Your kids are getting so big!
Wasn't that cake DELICIOUS?! We wish we could have taken more home. So sad, haha.
These pictures are SO CUTE, thanks for sharing! Di you guys get a new camera?
Post a Comment