Saturday, January 15, 2011

What Precious Commodities!

So these may not look like much to you but to me they are priceless (well not really priceless but well worth the money we paid for them!) This first picture is the vacuum/steam cleaner mop that TC got me for Christmas that is specifically for hard wood floors. This is such a perfect gift because our whole main floor is dark hard wood and every single little crumb shows up so I was having to sweep A LOT to keep it looking ok (or just not sweeping it as often as I would have liked to some weeks and looking at the kitchen floor in disgust every time I walked around). Anyway, this is so great because it eliminates my sweeping because the vacuum gets up the crumbs for me! Then the steam mop does a really good of mopping. Thanks hun! You are always trying to think of ways to make my life easier and I really appreciate it!This next picture is our new dishwasher that we have been saving up for. We finally had enough money and purchased it at a Black Friday sale (though they delivered it dented the first time and then called us that same day and told us the one we wanted had been discontinued and so we would have to pick out a new one. So we did and we still got a discounted price though it delayed us and we just got the dishwasher put in this past Tuesday.) Anyway, this dishwasher is SO much better than the one that came with our house when we bought it and the last couple months it was just getting worse. It was really loud, didn't clean the dishes very well at all (I was having to rewash dishes and the glasses were always filmy and yucky). Anyway, this one is so much better. Wednesday morning when I took out the casserole dish I had used to cook enchiladas in the night before came out without any residue I busted out singing the Alleluia chorus! Anyway, it is so much nicer to do house work when I have better equipment. The joys of modern living! How did the pioneers do it?

4 comments:

Klin said...

I am all about the conveniences of modern living.

Congrats on your additions to make your life easier.

Marisha & Forrest said...

Ah, the joys of a dishwasher. I miss them.

Youngberg Family said...

Modern conveniences make me sing with joy too! Gotta tell you I love the small vacuum you got me for Christmas!

Tom and Ann Perry Family said...

Glad you like your Christmas gift from TC. I love my steam mop.
Looks like you guys got a nice dishwaher too. Whoo HOO!