Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year's Resolutions 2012

How on earth is it already 2012? Seriously? I sometimes feel like I am living in the future and I am still 17 but no it is really 2012 and I'm definitely not 17, married, two kids, etc, etc. I really just sometimes do not know where the time goes. Anyway, so last year I posted some New Year's Resolutions for myself in hope that I would be more likely to accomplish them and I think it helped. I just reviewed my goals for last year and I did pretty well at accomplishing them or sticking with them. So I thought I would do that this year as well. This year I do want to focus on my character and improving my weaknesses but I don't think I will share all of those but here are a few more temporal ones that I thought were worth sharing. 1. Contribute one item to food storage weekly. 2. Run another half marathon OR maybe a marathon Or maybe the Ragnar. ( Sorry, not super specific-I have not decided whether I have the time to invest in a marathon right now but it is something I definitely will do that some point in the future!) 3. Go the temple once a month. 4. Date nights with TC at least twice a month. 5. Write monthly in my journal. (Since I've started blogging I've not been writing as regularly in my journal. Blogging is journaling but there are important things I should be recording there too that I would not post on my blog.) 6. Teach Savanna to read. (We have already started and she knows all her sounds! It is fun.) 7. Potty train Clark by the end of the year (well if he is ready. He'll be over 2.5 years by then so you think he would be but we will see) 8. Read at least one book in the social sciences per month. 9. Learn to bake bread (Seriously this is the BIG thing here in Utah and I feel like it is something useful to learn. Oh gosh, I think I may be trying to jump on the "Domestic Mom" wagon! (I'll probably fall off and break my arm .) These things definitely do not come naturally to me though it's worth a try right? 10. Sew Clark a quilt. (Again with extensive help from my friend, Marthe because I am not a natural at these things.)

0 comments: