Thursday, January 12, 2012

This is one of the reasons I am not crafty..

So we are having a princess birthday party for Savanna this Saturday and I decided I would venture out and do a little craft as an activity for her and her friends. So I researched online and found a mom who had made princess mirrors at her daughter's Snow White party and she had all the materials I needed listed. This is exactly what I needed because I was not even sure what I needed to decorate them. So she told me I could purchase these foam princess mirrors at Hobby Lobby. So Tuesday after music class we headed over there. After asking about three different people where these mirrors are located because I can never find my way around a craft store I finally found the right aisle. They do not have foam princess mirrors. Then I ask a snotty lady where they would be and she rudely informs me that they have never carried them. She goes to another area to see if they have wooden mirrors-no they are all out. So I think maybe they can paint a sun catcher they can hang on their window. I find 4 princess' sun catchers but there are 11 little girls invited to the party. I ask a male employee who is next to snotty lady if they have any more in the back and he says no and apologizes. I laugh and just say, "I'm striking out today aren't I?" Snotty lady rolls her eyes and gives me a very annoyed look. I decide to just get the "Mess Free Color Wonder" princess pages for the girls to color and call it quits. However, the next day at Wal Mart I thought I would just check to see if they had the foam princess mirrors-nope not there. I may try the dollar store but after that I am done. I just do not have the patience for going all over creation to find the perfect craft for my daughter. This is one of the reasons why I struggle with crafts-they take so much materials and so much time and I guess I just don't like to do them or I would take the time because I take the time for the things that I like to do. For those of you who love crafts, I admire you. For now, I think I will just continue to be nicknamed the "Anticraft." If my kids seem to have an aptitude for creativity I will get them some painting lessons.

0 comments: